Palo Dinner loaner shoes

warrenz1963

Mouseketeer
So I'm putting together my packing checklist, and currently deciding on an outfit for Palo Dinner. I see on the DCL site that "lifestyle shoes" are permitted, and I have such a pair that walk the line (pun intended) between smart-casual and sneaker. If the Palo deciders say these aren't dressy enough, do they have loaner shoes one can borrow for the dinner?

They do not have loaner shoes, but to be honest I do not think it will matter. We saw white New Balance sneakers 2 weeks ago at dinner.

They do not have loaner shoes, but to be honest I do not think it will matter. We saw white New Balance sneakers 2 weeks ago at dinner.
Thank you for the information! I have NB sneakers as well, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable wearing them. I will go with the lifestyle shoes, much lighter to pack than dress shoes.

Several years ago, they had loaner shoes for me. Maybe they are a bit more lax now. In August, my son only brought shorts for the cruise. They had loaner black dress pants for him and this was for brunch!
:oops:

I have a Palo res tonight and I’m having to wear Converse as my luggage never arrived. I’ll let you know how it goes. 🙈 At least they’re a lot less strict than they used to be otherwise I wouldn’t be dining there this cruise!

FWIW they used to have loaner shoes as my ex once had to borrow a pair but this was long before COVID.

My husband decided he was going to see how it goes and wore his NB sneakers (dark grey with black soles). They didn’t say anything on our brunch on the Wonder in Alaska this August. We actually saw a lot of people with sneakers and outdoor shoes. Not sure if it’s due to Alaska that they were more lenient, this manager or just general don’t care if you don’t show your toes as a man.

(I did not approve, I have to admit, but he is a grown man… he had lifestyle shoes, but didn’t want to wear them. So he chanced it, would have gone back to cabin to change if necessary.)

My new learning for the day... "Lifestyle shoes". I had honestly never heard that term before. I don't think I'll be using it ever.
I only learned the term when DCL announced the new dress code for adult dining (about a year ago)! 🤣

They didn’t say one word to me at Palo about my Converse. I’m also doing Alaska so they may be more lenient but as long as you look presentable I’m not sure they really care now.

My new learning for the day... "Lifestyle shoes". I had honestly never heard that term before. I don't think I'll be using it ever.
Many look like boat shoes so I guess it’s for those wishing a lifestyle of owning boats and going sailing.

Not a bad life goal so why not? 😂

They are so relaxed, they apparently don't even enforce any kind of dress code any more. On the Dream in July we saw someone in cargo shorts and a ratty looking white t-shirt with printing on it (I think it was for a band or something, it definitely wasn't Disney-related) and someone at another table was in crappy looking flip flops. I'm not kidding. I was pretty surprised actually.

They are so relaxed, they apparently don't even enforce any kind of dress code any more. On the Dream in July we saw someone in cargo shorts and a ratty looking white t-shirt with printing on it (I think it was for a band or something, it definitely wasn't Disney-related) and someone at another table was in crappy looking flip flops. I'm not kidding. I was pretty surprised actually.
I actually don’t really mind what other people are wearing in a restaurant, but this seems crazy. Why do people think that’s appropriate. I can get not bringing an additional pairs of shoes just for using it once on vacation. But this… :confused:

I actually don’t really mind what other people are wearing in a restaurant, but this seems crazy. Why do people think that’s appropriate. I can get not bringing an additional pairs of shoes just for using it once on vacation. But this… :confused:
I generally don't mind that much either. I didn't mind that they relaxed the rules. However, I was sort of shocked at the blatant disregard for them.

Many look like boat shoes so I guess it’s for those wishing a lifestyle of owning boats and going sailing.

Not a bad life goal so why not? 😂

It's so weird to call them "lifestyle shoes". My lifestyle is more casual in general and therefore my "lifestyle shoes" lean more towards sneakers. I obviously don't wear them to Palo -I dress up a bit more. BUT I could see someone who is more in a lifestyle where they wear sneakers a lot making the argument that "these fit my lifestyle".

I think they just muddies the water even more when they decided to say "lifestyle shoes" rather than "boat shoes" or what the heck they expect.

There were even people in gym shoes at Remy a few weeks ago when we had dinner. They don't seem to care about the dress codes very much anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter