Palo - to go....

lillygator

DIS Veteran
has anyone ever gotten Palo to go? We have reservations there and my daughter's favorite food is chicken parm, would love her to be able to try it.

Unless you're concierge and/or staying in the Walt Disney Suite, you are likely out of luck, unless you order it while dining (at brunch) and then ask for a doggie bag.

has anyone ever gotten Palo to go? We have reservations there and my daughter's favorite food is chicken parm, would love her to be able to try it.

They used to do a dessert box at brunch (the only time they do chicken Parmesan) but I'm pretty sure they had to stop that. So I can't say 100% but my guess is no.

And the more I think about it, the fact that there is nowhere to heat it up makes me more sure they will not do a doggie bag.

We've had servers offer to put a cover on leftovers from Palo, especially when they have brought us everything under the sun to try. Probably one of those YMMV things.

now that I think about it, I recall at brunch them making my sister's leftovers into a purse made of foil.

We've had servers offer to put a cover on leftovers from Palo, especially when they have brought us everything under the sun to try. Probably one of those YMMV things.

I think the key is "leftovers" and not a whole order or order with a teeny bite taken out of it.

I still question them giving hot food leftovers to people who have no way of chilling it to the correct storage temps or heating it back up. Perfect set-up for food poisoning.

I think your out of line if you ASK for this. Palo is an adult only restaurant. I just don't agree with a Doggy Bag for your kids. Now, We have brought a chocolate soufflé back to out room for our daughter. But, we did not ask for it and it was offered a few times not just once.

We asked for my leftovers to be wrapped up at Palo Brunch and Dinner in March and both times I was told no. I didn't want to waste my food but they said No. I thought they were teasing at first but I was wrong.

Years ago I remember being able to do the leftover thing

We ordered desserts but didn't have enough room for it after the meal, so I asked if I could take mine back to the stateroom (that was the tiramisu, not something like a soufflé which might suffer from getting cold and deflating).

Our server got the manager to come out and talk to us, and he flat out refused - saying there was no way they could allow their food to leave the dining room. Pretty much his exact words as I remembered it.

This was only a couple of weeks ago (Sep 2016) on the Fantasy.

Last edited:
which to me is code for.. Its for the paying customer..

Which, IMHO is as it should be!

If they allowed you to order stuff "to go" or in a "doggie bag" I can see people trying to game the system (OP I'm not saying that's what you are doing) and sending one or two people from a party to go and place HUGE orders to then carry out to their whole family. And the prices would jump as well I'm sure.

Would the OP be able to order the chicken parm for herself, eat half and perhaps then be able to take the other half back to her daughter?

Would the OP be able to order the chicken parm for herself, eat half and perhaps then be able to take the other half back to her daughter?

Recent experience as posted on this thread (September recent enough) indicates that they do NOT do doggie bags.

I will reiterate - this likely has as much to do with the liability of sending hot food that cannot be chilled to a safe storage temperature OR reheated to a safe temperature out as anything. It is asking for food poisoning to happen. I don't recall hearing of it happening, but it would not surprise me if there WAS some kind of food poisoning or illness traced back to food wrapped up to go since they seem to be pretty firm about it. This is not like you're at home or a land-based resort where you most likely have an actual fridge to keep the food cold and a way to heat it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter