• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo - What do I need to know?

He/she will ask you if you would like the chocolate soufle when ordering your entree as the shoufle will take more than half an hour in the oven to prepare.

Just a heads up - not all Palo servers are as fantastic as DISers report on these boards. My last Palo visit, the server did not ask about ordering the souffle. When we got our entrees, I mentioned the souffles...he was flustered and it was awkward. We wound up being the LAST folks out of Palo that night...

That said, the meal was still super and you will enjoy it!

You can also order from the tasting menu without the wine pairings for no additional charge. The price listed is for the wines and can be confusing at times.

Pana cota is awesome and the soufflé has been a hit one time. The first time was a dud.

Enjoy the alone time.

JW

I highly recommend the polenta with the portobello sauce on top. Probably the best thing I have ever eaten. We didn't even order it, but our amazing server brought it out during the pasta course. We ordered a second one immediately.

I highly recommend the polenta with the portobello sauce on top. Probably the best thing I have ever eaten. We didn't even order it, but our amazing server brought it out during the pasta course. We ordered a second one immediately.

I so agree about this dish, it was so delicious. Its a must try.

OP- have you considered brunch? Its amazing as well. Lots of options and pure deliciousness.
If you can swing it give it a try.

Have a wonderful time.

I'm not the biggest fan of Palo (problem is I tried Remy the night before... Remy ruined food for me forever!) But the steak and chocolate souffle were pretty good!

Althought I liked the appetizers, I wish they did not put the balsamic vinegar on it. I like both but not together...

I thought they had put way too much wine reduction on the ravioli... (I'm not a smoker, I can taste without having that much).

If I had to do it again, I would ask for less sauce (or just appart). That's my advice. Lol

Oh and don't touch the souffle's bowl. And blow on it before you eat. It's just out of the oven. I had to learn the hard way. Lol

Ooh thanks for the recommendation.

OP- have you considered brunch? Its amazing as well. Lots of options and pure deliciousness.

Have a wonderful time.
I would definitely like to try. We figured we'd start with dinner this time. My girls love the family breakfast time at Cabanas.

We did the Palo brunch on our cruise and just use our OBC to justify the extra expense. DH LOVED it, he got crab legs, all sorts of other fishy dishes and chowed down!!! He said he would totally do it again on our next cruise. And our server, Andrew, was THE BEST!!! He was so engaged in trying to make it a great experience for us. And don't be intimidated by the dress code, though I think it's a little more lax with brunch, cuz I wore a nice summer dress and DH wore linen pants and a button up hawaiian shirt (we are West Coast casual people) and we were both fine. ENJOY!!!

Be aware that if you cant decide you can ask for a smaller portion of some of the items. Example my DH loves the lamb but also the ravioli. Our servers was so sweet and brought him out a small serving of ravioli so he didn't feel "cheated" out of the item. Enjoy!

If you tell the kid's club or nursery you're dining at Palo, they'll only page you for a true emergency. Not just if your kid is done and wants out. At least that's what I was told a few years ago. I wasted time checking my wave phone. (-;

Hi all,

We are saling on the Fantasy at the end of September and we have a reservation to dine at Palo on the 1st night. We've never dined at Palo before so tell me, what do I need to know? Any "must tries"? Any ordering tips? Thanks!
End of September? It appears we are on tbe same cruise. I already have a brunch booked. I think I'll try dinner also.

What about Palo alone? I will be cruising Platinum for the first time in December. It will be just myself and my 14yr DD in the cabin. Which would be better, Brunch or Dinner? I have done both but it has been a party of 2.

Whatever you like best. Palo is said to accommodate singles pretty well.
You can also ask in your meet-thread if there is another single, willing to join you.

We did the Palo brunch on our cruise and just use our OBC to justify the extra expense. DH LOVED it, he got crab legs, all sorts of other fishy dishes and chowed down!!! He said he would totally do it again on our next cruise. And our server, Andrew, was THE BEST!!! He was so engaged in trying to make it a great experience for us. And don't be intimidated by the dress code, though I think it's a little more lax with brunch, cuz I wore a nice summer dress and DH wore linen pants and a button up hawaiian shirt (we are West Coast casual people) and we were both fine. ENJOY!!!

So a Hawaiian shirt is okay for Palo? My husband really doesn't want to bring a formal dress shirt. He's planning to wear a polo and dress pants to the MDR and was hoping that a Hawaiian shirt would be okay for Palo. Not too crazy of a shirt but definitely Hawaiian. Anyone else done this?

So a Hawaiian shirt is okay for Palo? My husband really doesn't want to bring a formal dress shirt. He's planning to wear a polo and dress pants to the MDR and was hoping that a Hawaiian shirt would be okay for Palo. Not too crazy of a shirt but definitely Hawaiian. Anyone else done this?
That's pretty much what my DH did. No one treated him any different, not that we were paying attention, we were too busy eating!!

Man oh man, this is giving me some serious cravings! We've never done Palo, but I would LOVE to. DH is a very picky eater though and it doesn't look like he'd enjoy much on the menu. This preggo is seriously considering going to Palo or Remy solo this September.

Have a wonderful time.
Great Idea ....
warning
BUT NOT on the same day ... or dinner one night and brunch the next day.

Man oh man, this is giving me some serious cravings! We've never done Palo, but I would LOVE to. DH is a very picky eater though and it doesn't look like he'd enjoy much on the menu. This preggo is seriously considering going to Palo or Remy solo this September.

My DH is a very picky eater also........meat and potatoes. However, he likes Palo brunch. I have convinced him to do Palo dinner also. He will be ordering the steak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter