Panama Canal cruise

Toulou

Mouseketeer
Have I missed something? I don't see any cruises. Can anyone tell me when they will list them?

Have I missed something? I don't see any cruises. Can anyone tell me when they will list them?
I think the only ones that have been available have already sold out. Keep checking rooms often show up closer to sail dates.

The March 4th 2022 westbound is back. Looks like only an inside room.

I don’t think they have released a schedule for the Wonder to go back East next year yet. Unclear where they’re going to keep her.

When trying to book it, it gives the following error "Staterooms Are Not Available or Staterooms for Your Party Size Are Not Available". I've tried it with 1, 2, 3, and 4 guests.

Is there thinking that the Wonder will stay on the West Coast and then no more Panama Canal cruises on DCL?

I am booked on the March 2022 Panama Canal cruise but I would like to to move to Fall 202.

Is there thinking that the Wonder will stay on the West Coast and then no more Panama Canal cruises on DCL?

I am booked on the March 2022 Panama Canal cruise but I would like to to move to Fall 202.
Great question. I’ve been so selfishly hoping the wonder stays in San Diego, or LA (please, please, please!), that I never thought about the lack of Panama Canal cruises.

The past couple of years the Wonder has been out of Galveston Nov-Jan. Looking at 2022 - it is the Magic.

We're on the 2022 WBPC, and when booking opened last year it literally filled up and went sold out with in a week of the Silver Castaway Club members were able to book. A few openings come around if someone decides to cancel and they free up their staterooms but for the most part they're snapped up immediately. Some in our group from another social media site have been trying for weeks to upgrade their stateroom category and they check frequently to see if anything is available. It is a very very popular itinerary as it's the longest one DCL offers in terms of nights on board. Keep trying if you want to get on board, I would also suggest you check back around the time of PIF for the cruise I think sometime in November, often times people will decide not to commit to the full price of the fare and release the room and move to another itinerary or opt for a refund. Good Luck!

No, it's still the Wonder doing the Panama Canal cruises, though the March 2022 is currently the last one scheduled.
I'm saying further into 2022. The east bound trip.

We take the Wonder (hopefully) December 2021. After wrapping up in Galveston in early February 2022 - the Wonder eventually heads west in March through the Panama Canal.

We would normally expect to see the Wonder back in Galveston November 2022. The recently released late 2022 dates show the Magic instead of the Wonder in Galveston November 2022.

We're on the 2022 WBPC, and when booking opened last year it literally filled up and went sold out with in a week of the Silver Castaway Club members were able to book. A few openings come around if someone decides to cancel and they free up their staterooms but for the most part they're snapped up immediately. Some in our group from another social media site have been trying for weeks to upgrade their stateroom category and they check frequently to see if anything is available. It is a very very popular itinerary as it's the longest one DCL offers in terms of nights on board. Keep trying if you want to get on board, I would also suggest you check back around the time of PIF for the cruise I think sometime in November, often times people will decide not to commit to the full price of the fare and release the room and move to another itinerary or opt for a refund. Good Luck!
Thanks! I need to write down the pif for March 2022. Is it it in Dec?

While trying to (easily) find PIF dates for DCL, I noticed that the Wonder has no sailings listed for booking the second half of October through December.

Can’t find a Drydock listed for her in 2022, either. I guess they just haven’t finalized plans, yet.

WBPC sails from New Orleans March 4, 2022.

PIF date for long cruise is one day after the 120-day mark for Platinum Castaway to be PIF to pre-book excursions.

That puts the PIF date at Friday, November 5, 2021.

217A5047-10AA-4743-9933-ED4EF942BBDD.jpeg

We are booked on the WBPC for March 2022.
This is copied from my confirmation email:
FINAL PAYMENT:
$xxxx Due Date/Time: 04-Nov-2021 11:59 PM Eastern Time

I too am concerned whether there will be any PC sailings once there's enough ships to keep one on the west coast all year. I'd rather not cruise on a special sailing like this if we'll have to wear masks and book time slots at the pool and shows. I'd cancel but then I can't count on a WBPC for 2023.
I realize DCL can't predict when we'll be done with masks and social distancing onboard but they could let people know if there won't be any more PC sailings. That is not beyond their control, as covid is.

I had the same thought the other day. It's scary how great minds think alike. There are probably reasons why not but right now, but this tracks as well as any other explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter