Pancakes or Waffles

We no longer have a waffle iron and I’m not a fan of frozen ones, so I’ll go with pancakes.

That reminds me, we still have some pumpkin spice pancake mix from this past autumn. Maybe I should use up the whole box and freeze them.

I make pancakes mostly because they're so easy. I actually prefer waffles, but I store the waffle iron in the garage and somehow that makes a huge difference in what I make.

I used to love the make your own waffles at hotel breakfasts. Now that I don't eat breakfast, I wish there was someplace I could go later in the day to do the same.

Last edited:

At home I'll make pancakes and at a restaurant I would choose waffle. I think I like pancakes more, but only how I fix them, where they get a little crisp on the outside edge. The restaurant pancakes are usually softer than I prefer.

Thanks for the reminder, yes pancakes once a year. In Ireland we usually just have 2 ways, either butter and sugar or butter and lemon juice. Also they are more like crepes than American buttermilk pancakes.
Yeah... we introduced the nieces and nephews to maple syrup way back when and now we always bring a large bottle of real maple syrup home with us, although its not as easy now that they limit bags and weight. Even in their 30s they show up expecting pancakes on of the mornings we are home.

I don’t fix either one at home, as it’s difficult to just mix enough batter for one person, but out at a restaurant I would choose waffles over pancakes. They are crispier and they hold the syrup just right.

I make pancakes at home maybe 2-3 times a month, only on weekends. I have a waffle iron, but rarely use it, maybe once or twice a year. When DS was young, he liked Eggo frozen waffles before school, but I haven’t bought them in years. If I go to a diner for breakfast, one of my favorites is challah bread French toast.

Every once in a while make pancakes or waffles for dinner. The only time we have either for breakfast is on vacation where we enjoy having different than our usual cereal with milk and a glass of OJ.

I have two waffle irons that make Mickey shaped waffles! I'm afraid my pancake intake is mostly the frozen variety. They actually aren't bad if you put enough butter and warm syrup on them.

I'll take your two Mickey waffle makers and raise you 3 more......yes I have 5 different Mickey waffle makers and use them pretty often. My favorite is the one that makes 6 mini Mickey waffles in one shot.

I'll make pancakes too (just bought a new griddle) but I really love diner pancakes better than home ones.

At home frozen Eggo waffle 2x a month. If we go out to breakfast I might order a Belgian waffle if I don’t do eggs or French toast. Only place I order pancakes is a small chain at the South Jersey shore. They do Dollar pancakes, which are smaller (3" wide) & thinner.
We do French toast at home for lunch a few tomes a month.

I like them both, but pancakes are easier to make. At some Holiday Inn Express hotels that I have been to, they have a pancake machine. Push a button and two hot fresh pancakes are made in a minute or two.

Yeah... we introduced the nieces and nephews to maple syrup way back when and now we always bring a large bottle of real maple syrup home with us, although its not as easy now that they limit bags and weight. Even in their 30s they show up expecting pancakes on of the mornings we are home.
In our house its real maple syrup all the way for pancake or waffles. On our last few disney cruises we have brought a bottle onboard with us because we just can't stand the corn syrup version they serve onboard. We have ended up striking up conversations about it with the crew members in cabanas because I have to get GF mickey waffles so they are always delivered to the table. One day we had about five crew members who wanted to try as they had never had it before so we did an impromptu maple syrup tasting. They all really enjoyed it and it was such a fun interaction with the crew.

I make chocolate chip waffles for my son 5 or 6 mornings a week. He loves them before school and tends to have a small lunch at school. My preference is chocolate chip pancakes, but they take longer to cook. I could eat them daily, but limit myself to a couple of times a month. I am a big fan of breakfast!

Love my daily breakfast pancakes🥞Just 3 very small ones, silver dollar size or smaller, with a bit of syrup no butter or anything else. Well except for my favorite hot chocolate made with milk, which I have at most 6oz of so just enough to be tasty and cozy while overall not being too unealthy for me. Dad enjoys waffles at times as well as blueberry pancakes. Sweet dreams everyone :)

At home frozen Eggo waffle 2x a month. If we go out to breakfast I might order a Belgian waffle if I don’t do eggs or French toast. Only place I order pancakes is a small chain at the South Jersey shore. They do Dollar pancakes, which are smaller (3" wide) & thinner.
We do French toast at home for lunch a few tomes a month.
uncle Bills?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter