Pancakes

Do you let the batter rest? Making sure not to over mix and letting the batter rest for at least ten minutes solved my pancake issues.

I like stuff in my pancakes not on them. Usually just butter and syrup. If I make cream cheese syrup I don’t use butter.

Yep, I definitely let it rest and don’t overmix. I’m doomed to a pancakeless existence.

There's a place near me that has these little ones made with whole wheat flour. The options are a dark maple syrup, or apricot sauce.

Pancakes (box mix is ok), peanut butter, Mrs. Butterworth’s.

Butter and syrup.

I would eat them all the time but I can’t make a pancake to save my life. I use my moms recipe and she has watched me make them and says I do everything right but whenever I make them they end up really dense. I’ve tried boxed mix but they’re always too flimsy.

The key to pancake making is griddle temp. Play with that until you hit the sweet spot.

One of the restaurants here sells what they call healthy pancakes. Made with sweet potato flour. For them, just a touch of butter is all you need, they are naturally sweet.

First choice: berries with whipped cream.
Also good: Maple syrup and butter

The key to pancake making is griddle temp. Play with that until you hit the sweet spot.

Yeah, I know what temp it should be. I wait until there’s bubbles before I flip them too. I don’t know..the bad pancake fairy lives at my house or something lol

tumblr_m25gwc89ae1qbga48o2_r2_250.gif

Butter and syrup.

I would eat them all the time but I can’t make a pancake to save my life. I use my moms recipe and she has watched me make them and says I do everything right but whenever I make them they end up really dense. I’ve tried boxed mix but they’re always too flimsy.

I make a pancake for DD's breakfast every morning. It isn't your recipe; it's your technique. Don't use a really thick-bottomed pan; I find that a ceramic-coat nonstick is the best surface. Pancakes need a really hot pan to work right, so get your pan good and hot before you pour your batter. If you cook it too slow it will end up too dense. Most importantly, beat the mix with a whisk or fork; incorporating air cuts the density AND makes it easier to judge the timing: when the bubbles that have popped stay open, then it's time to flip.

I use box mix most of the time; it's quick and consistent. We always add stuff, though: nuts, mini-chocolate chips (the large ones are apt to burn), cinnamon, etc. Fruit (except dried fruit) goes on top, not in the recipe. We're not butter people, but we're not picky about syrup, either. Cane syrup is also an option, but harder to get here, so we tend to save it for special occasions.

Butter and warmed real maple syrup or

Butter, powdered sugar, and lemon

I'm intrigued by the lemon, do you slice it raw or caramelize it? I would have never thought to put it on a pancake but it sounds really good!

I'm intrigued by the lemon, do you slice it raw or caramelize it? I would have never thought to put it on a pancake but it sounds really good!
Lemon pancakes are my kids absolute favorite. I put lemon juice in mine and then make a cream cheese syrup (cream cheese, lemon juice and milk until it’s a little thinner than say, icing) with lemon juice. I also like poppy seeds in my lemon pancakes but DS doesn’t like them so I only do it so often.

Lemon pancakes are my kids absolute favorite. I put lemon juice in mine and then make a cream cheese syrup (cream cheese, lemon juice and milk until it’s a little thinner than say, icing) with lemon juice. I also like poppy seeds in my lemon pancakes but DS doesn’t like them so I only do it so often.

That sounds really good too. I love lemon cookies, and cake, I don't know why I never thought about making lemon pancakes before :headache:

Lemon poppyseed pancakes sound amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter