• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Panda Rambling Yes I Can

windwalker

I need an Adventure
Yes I Can

Have you ever noticed how some people will succeed at whatever they do. Even when they get to a point that they can’t go further. They keep thinking of possible solutions and eventually come up with one that works. Then we all know those other people who will either not even attempt something or will quickly think up a reason they can’t accomplish it. Henry Ford had one of the greatest quotes ever said on the subject of human nature, “If you think you can or you think you can’t you’re right”.

It has also been said that sport and athletics mimic life. We adult athletics can certainly take a lesson from what Mr. Ford said. We can empower ourselves to succeed or to fail. It’s often up to us. Many of us have proven that point by completing distances like the half and full marathons. It’s up to us to decide if we will be champions (finishers), or if we will drop out when we get tired. “Yes I can” will carry your tired body a lot further than “I can’t do this”.

Imagine how much you could accomplish if you decided that you could do whatever you set out to do. Thinking you can’t will stop you before you even get started, but deciding that you can and will do it is the first step to success. There are always going to be times that the going will get rough, and you will have to take a step back and think, or you will have to seek advice from someone who has succeeded at what you’re doing. But if you just proceed until you come up with a good excuse to justify quitting, you are not going to accomplish very much.

No matter what you set out to do, your attitude will often determine how well you do it, or if you will do it at all. Many people need to change their way of thinking, if they are going to have the kind of life they desire. Most of us want a better life style, healthier, and with enough money and possessions to live comfortably without worrying about living pay check to paycheck. To some that seems an impossible goal. To others it’s a given, because they will do whatever they need to do to succeed. Most us, if we empower ourselves, can achieve that level. Not wealthy but with enough. Having the life and happiness you want are the reward for not allowing yourself to quit.

When I was a child I discovered that if you rubbed long enough at a burned on spot of food with warm water and a dish cloth, you would eventually get the pan clean. That simple analogy works on pretty much anything we do in life. Sometimes you have to rub for a while before you see results. Whether your trying to find work, get healthier, build something or even complete a marathon, the secret to success is finding a way and not an excuse.

If you don’t like the way things are going, are you willing to do whatever it takes to make the changes you want? When you can say yes to that question, you will be amazed at where that decision will take you. Next time you are facing an issue or a challenge, decide that you will not quit until you succeed. If you empower yourself to go the distance, you are going to be hard to stop.

Thanks for reading.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter