• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pandora and Pandora rides if you don't care about Avatar

I tried watching the movie a few times and couldn't get through it. Too boring and confusing for me.

But I have every intention of seeing Pandora and doing both attractions when we go in September. I am really looking forward to it.

I thought the movie was goofy - Dances With Wolves on an alien planet. But I'm excited to see Pandora because it looks gorgeous.

Tried to watch the movie, not my thing. Just back from Disney. We got FP for both rides. FOP is a cool ride, worth a FP. Navi, to us, was just another boat ride. It's pretty but I wouldn't use a FP for it again. As for Pandora-land itself, it's pretty but we didn't spend much time there.

I'd only seen the first like, 20 minutes of the movie before I turned it off lol. I think I'd heard SO much about how amazing Pandora was that I was a little hyped up (and thus let down honestly)

We rope dropped the boat ride, which was the better idea, they let us into DAK at 7:30, and into Pandora at 7:45ish, the only time the line came to a standstill was while we waited for the clock to hit 8 and we waited about 10 minutes in the actual queue, we were both very underwhelmed by the ride. Sure it had some prettiness to it, but it was lacking.

Flight of Passage was BRILLIANT, absolutely amazing!! Even not knowing anything about Pandora or the movies or anything it's defnitely worth a wait (though we used fp's)

It's also worthwhile to take a walk through the land at night with everything lit up.

See the movie. I was of the 'oh i don't care about Avatar, have no interest in seeing it' mentality - then I watched it and really did enjoy it. It's a very similar take to a 'Pocahontas' story.

Hehe, the first thing I thought when I read the thread title was, "Does anybody really CARE about Avatar??"

I don't, and i'm a huge Sci-Fi fan. I didn't see the movie, neither did my wife and kids. I even had a free copy on my phone that came with the phone when I bought it, and deleted it.

For us, we don't plan on going to Pandora land. But, I do encourage everyone to go so that it continues to pull people from the other parks and reduces our wait times at MK, DHS and Epcot!! :teeth: :teeth:

I'm another former skeptic who was awed by Disney's creation of Pandora. Wow, it is stunning. We only rode FOP (not the River Journey), which we all thought was great. I'm not sure it's worth the morning rush at 6am (those pictures look pretty scary over at EasyWDW.com). If you can get a FP, great! If not, it seems that the better wait times are NOT first thing in the morning (unless you win the elbow throwing competition to be the first in line), but they are regularly a little shorter between 2 and 5 pm. Of course, a little shorter is still a 2 hr wait. But if you try for the 6am thing and you are off by even 15 minutes, you will likely still end up with a 1.5-2 hr wait, with all the stress of having busted it to beat the crowd before the sun is up.

Anyway, the whole Pandora world is amazing - a home run for Disney. Even if you don't ride, you will enjoy just wandering around and taking it all in.

I've seen Avatar, but not a fan. My personal take is that anyone can enjoy FoP and it is totally worth it. It is just that amazing. For Navi River Journey, it was pretty, but no way would I wait in a long line again to see random glowy animals and blue people I don't know. There is no emotional connection to the content for me, so without the oomph factor of FoP, NRJ is just sort of meh. Definitely not a must do for us.

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered but I'm not sure how to search for it. My family has never seen Avatar and really has no interest in seeing it. From those who have experienced Pandora and the Pandora rides (FOP and NRJ), is it "worth it" (very subjective question, I know) for us to battle the chaos of Pandora? We're going in late October, so hopefully the initial craziness will have died down at least a little bit by then, but I'm sure the lines and crowds will still be crazy. On the trip will be me, DS11 and DS13. My boys are thrill ride junkies, so I'm pretty sure we'd only ride FOP of the two Pandora rides - if we decide it's worth it to try to ride either of them. But, I'm also planning an adult-only trip in September with a friend who enjoys IASW, HM, POTC, etc., so NRJ would be more her speed if it's worth it. Thanks for any insight!
The more common response to this question is, have you seen Song of the South and do you enjoy Splash Mountain? Seeing the movie and enjoying a land and/or ride don't really have to go together.

The more common response to this question is, have you seen Song of the South and do you enjoy Splash Mountain? Seeing the movie and enjoying a land and/or ride don't really have to go together.

I've seen Song of the South. Liked it.
Love Splash Mountain.

I've seen Avatar. It was OK. Didn't love it.
Love Flight of Passage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter