• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pandora at night? Animal kingdom hours in June

Isabelle12345

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Hi
We are hoping to see pandora at night (I know some people say it’s not that great but we have never seen it and would like to!)
We will be in Orlando during the first weekend of June when the sunset is around 8:30PM
Any chance the park will be open late enough for us to see the bioluminescent lights and the tree of life lights?
If not, could we make a late reservation at tiffins or yak and yeti to stay past regular park hours?
Thanks 😊

The park hours are listed on the web site, they vary by season and day. I went to Animal Kingdom after hours until midnight. Although I hated paying for an extra event I have to say it was totally worth it. Pandora must be seen by night! Of course theres lots to see during the day but you cant get the full effect until you've seen it at night. Amazing! Truly!

Atm it says Animal Kingdom is only open until 7:00pm the first week of June according to the official opening hours on the website but that will probably change closer to.

Your best bet to be in the park as late as possible is to hop into the FOP line right before park closing. That will push you out 30-60 minutes after park close by the time you get off the ride. We did this last July and it was really cool to be one of the only ones left in all of Pandora. It was dark, with all the plants glowing, and the sounds. Surreal to say the least, and awesome. Felt like we had that area of the park to ourselves.

Dan

Hi
We are hoping to see pandora at night (I know some people say it’s not that great but we have never seen it and would like to!)
We will be in Orlando during the first weekend of June when the sunset is around 8:30PM
Any chance the park will be open late enough for us to see the bioluminescent lights and the tree of life lights?
If not, could we make a late reservation at tiffins or yak and yeti to stay past regular park hours?
Thanks 😊
I think Pandora at night is great! I had been wondering about seeing the tree lighting show on our late June/July trip. I want to see Pandora in the dark and the lighting and heard the lighting ends at close. BUT, I was watching a vlog last night and a cast member said that the light show on the tree has ended for the summer because the park will close at 8:30. It will not really be completely dark by 8:30. I am disappointed, but still want to see Pandora at night so the new plan will be to get in line for FoP or Navi River just before close so we can walk out at night.
Don't do a Yak & Yeti reservation because I do not think you will be able to walk into Pandora after close. You will be in the Asia area for that meal.

A plan that has you in Pandora at park close (like PP suggested getting in FOP line right before close) is your best bet. After park close some paths are cut off and they do keep folks moving towards the exit ...you may not be able to get into Pandora after park close. I do hope you get to see it in the dark. We thought it was very cool.

Last edited:
We were just there last week when the park closed at 8:30. We did FOP right before close, and walking out through Pandora after dark was really cool! It's probably best to do as others have suggested and catch one of the Avatar rides right before closing.

You can hope that the park hours change and it will be open later.
I love walking thorough Pandora at night. The lighting is amazing.
We usually get in line for FoP just before closing. Then after the ride, you can slowly walk out and enjoy the lighting.
Hope you can see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter