Pandora closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneycountrygirl

Mouseketeer
I know it's a long shot, but anyone have any knowledge as to why Pandora just closed? We just boarded FOP and had just gotten seated when they announced, "Travelers to the exits quickly." The entire ride was evacuated outdooors followed by the employes. Then the whole land shut down. Craziest Disney experience ever!

I do not see anything on the app indicating that the rides are down.

I have no answers but I hope everything is ok!

Me too. I asked several employees, and they said they knew as much as we did about what happened. (Edited to clarify: when I asked if everyone was ok they said we hope so, we don't have any information yet.) I asked if that is the first time that has ever happened and they said no.

Last edited:

I have to say their customer service is AMAZING! It's our last park day And we are headed to a CRT reservation right now so they gave us fast passes for tomorrow to replace all of our fast passes we were in the process of using, plus switch passes plus park entrance!!!!! Thank God we booked a late flight out! Plus they gave anyone on the ride an any time, any ride, any park fast pass.

Could you tell whether they had switched to emergency power and lighting suggesting a power outage?
Yes it did feel like the power went down. When we entered the bay and sat down, the hum died down and all went quiet. We joked that we broke the ride. When they announced for us to come with them I thought they were moving us to another bay. That's when we received instructions to exit quickly. My son just said that they reopened 2 minutes ago and the wait time went to 80 minutes. So thankfully it wasn't like a debilitating fire or something like that.

Electrical issues can cause all kinds of problems with grids as large as they maintain. If something goes down, there could be quite a bit to check before they give the all clear.
Disney is safety first in this litigious society, so they don't take many chances with anything.

Would an electrical issue really force them to shut down the entire land (not just the rides) however?

Would an electrical issue really force them to shut down the entire land (not just the rides) however?
No. That's different.
They've had a lot of fire alarm issues with the rides since opening. It has not shut down the land. Rides for certain

No. That's different.
They've had a lot of fire alarm issues with the rides since opening. It has not shut down the land. Rides for certain

That's what I figured. So makes you wonder what happened, to have to shut down the whole land (if that report is right)

Since whatever issue the OP experienced was brief and has been resolved, closing to avoid any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter