Pandora radio questions

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
we just got new Iphones (always had just the flip phones!!!) just got modern

anyway I just put Pandora on my phone--how I managed to di that by myself surprises me!!!

but anyway--does the station play songs randomly or everytime you vote for a song are those the songs it plays so in otherwords your in a way building your own favorite radio station hope that makes sense

also I have an iTunes card--and some how when my daughter was setting it up I got songs I don't like or want--is there anyway to can delete it

I don't think I was charged either cause my DH got me an itune card for mothers day so when after my DD set it up she put an album that I wanted and a few singles there also must have been a $10 card on my phone cause even after the album and a few singles I had over the $54 left on my card $50 from DH and then like I said $10 maybe from buying the card

any tips would be helpful especially how to delete the songs I don't want

thanks all

does the station play songs randomly or everytime you vote for a song are those the songs it plays so in otherwords your in a way building your own favorite radio station hope that makes sense

Pandora will play more songs similar to songs you "like". The Pandora algorithm is based on the idea that songs have "DNA" (400 different musical attributes, as described in something called "the Music Genome Project"). Similar beats, genres, types of notes (minor vs major keys, discordant chords, etc.), types of singers, instruments used, etc. But as far as I can tell, it doesn't play your liked songs significantly more often. I've also had instances where it will play a song I downvote, because it finds it on a different album.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/basics/pandora.htm

Yes, Pandora builds a playlist based on the songs you like. I've got about 20 favorite stations and from there I shuffle the songs and like the ones I like, I dislike the ones I don't like so they don't play again. So I get a few Taylor Swift songs but not that many because I'm not a big fan of hers. Just remember that if you are playing Pandora and not on wifi you will be using data, I'm on wifi at home and at work so I'm OK using it (and Prime Music as well) but if you're in the car you are likely using data and most plans now have data caps.

Yes, Pandora builds a playlist based on the songs you like. I've got about 20 favorite stations and from there I shuffle the songs and like the ones I like, I dislike the ones I don't like so they don't play again. So I get a few Taylor Swift songs but not that many because I'm not a big fan of hers. Just remember that if you are playing Pandora and not on wifi you will be using data, I'm on wifi at home and at work so I'm OK using it (and Prime Music as well) but if you're in the car you are likely using data and most plans now have data caps.

YES to this^

Our DS is grand- fathered in to the unlimited, and as desperately as he wants a new phone ( as in brand new, not a refurb off ebay) he is sticking with his Samsung3 because he absolutely can't handle goingto any limited amount of data lol. He listened to Pandora driving all the time, always on youtube etc. He drive a Wrangler, and can't afford both gas and going over a data plan, lol so the current is going to be THE phone for as long as he can keep it working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter