Pandora vs. Chamilia

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
So after all the rage and hoopla...years later I've decided I too would like one of these bracelets :). What's the difference between the two? Quality, price?? Doesn't only Chamilia have disney charms? Do they fit the Pandora bracelet? Can you mix and match both? suggestions or recommendations/reviews??

So after all the rage and hoopla...years later I've decided I too would like one of these bracelets :). What's the difference between the two? Quality, price?? Doesn't only Chamilia have disney charms? Do they fit the Pandora bracelet? Can you mix and match both? suggestions or recommendations/reviews??

My sister started a Chamila bracelet for me. She works at a jewelry store and they started selling them a couple of years ago. The only real difference is the name. Yes they can be mixed and matched, the pricing is similiar (Chamilia might be a few dollars less).

I have the fairy godmother, Mickey birthstone head and When you wish upon a star bear. I wear mine all of the time.

*** Tip - Go up a size on the bracelet you typically wear. As you add the beads the bracelet will get tighter. I wear a 8 but went to a 9 when it was getting too tight with only half full.

My bracelet is Pandora and most of my charms are as well. But I had to get a few Disney beads, and the Chamilia beads fit just fine.

II just got a Pandora one for my birthday.I have Pandora charms as well as a few Disney Chamilia charms.They fit just fine.I love the bracelet to death

I like the pandora clasp on the bracelet much better; and in general prefer the pandora beads. However, I do have a Disney only bracelet that I mix and max pandora and chamalia fine. Note- the chamalia are brighter and the drops on some of the charms are much longer; also some of the threading can be off- we bought 9 charms at uptown jewelers last week, and had to exchange two of them because the threading was off and they wouldn't go on the bracelets.

I have the Memories bracelet from Kays jewelers as no one in our area sells pandora or chamilia. I have bought both pandora and chamilia charms for it and they fit fine. Love the disney ones, got Cinderellas carriage and some mickey heads in WDW last Christmas and can't wait to get more this year!

I have them all. :goodvibes Pandora, Chamilia, and Troll. My favorite is the Chamilia bangle. It fits ALL style of bead. FYI Chamilia is the only brand that has Disney charms.

Here is my breakdown:

Pandora: They are VERY fussy about their brand. Even their own beads can get stuck on them. However, if it is their bead they will replace it without question. If there is even one other brand of bead on the bracelet they will say that is why and provide NO help. I couldn't even get them to cut a Chamilia bead off my bracelet. Pandora bracelet will fit Chamilia charms but not Troll charms - but beware as it will "void your warrenty".

Chamilia: These bracelets aren't nearly as bad about getting stuck. They still screw on at the clasp but there aren't extra segments (making it x3 less likely to get stuck.) Their bangles don't have any segments! Chamilia bracelet will fit Pandora charms but not Troll charms. Chamilia bangle fits everything!

Troll: These are harder to find but they fit everything!! To me they don't feel as sturdy as my others. I don't trust them loaded up with charms. Even with a safety chain I feel like I am still depending on skinny silver loops to hold many charms. (the bracelet is beautiful but where you attach the clasp seems flimsy) I have retired my Troll Bracelet because of this.. it must made me too nervous. Troll bracelets will fit just about any charm you can find. I never owned a charm that didn't fit.

OP - if you have any specifc questions you can PM me. I have all sorts of useless knowledge on this subject! :lmao: When I was starting out I couldn't find any information on the brands fitting together so it was a lot of trial and error.

I have Trollbeads and love them. Great warranty...if one breaks, they replace it no problem. I've never been worried about it being flimsy. The bracelet is sturdy, everything is secure, and I have a safety chain on it just in case.

I don't have any of the Chamilia Disney beads, but my mom does and they fit on her Troll bracelets.

I got the Chamilia Cinderella Coach bead at the store in the CR. It fits my Pandora bracelet just fine.

I love my Trollbeads bracelet.

http://www.trollbeadsuniverse.com/united-states/en-us

They are artsy, worldwide, & have beautiful glass beads, lots of special meaning beads. They were around before Pandora/Chamilla (even though those brands of beads will fit onto a Trollbeads bracelet if you are willing to mix brands. good luck!

And Trollbeads were the original of this type - the founders of Pandora left Trollbeads to go out on their own. As far as I know, Trollbeads bracelets (and the like) are the only ones that will allow virtually all brands of beads to be used with them, and my wife has Chamilia, Trollbeads, and Pandora, and loves being able to choose. And as a husband, it makes it so much easier when I don't have to worry about what will fit what - they will all fit the Troll. And the only licensed Disney beads/charms are those by Chamilia - and I don't know whether they will fit Chamilia or Pandora bracelets.

Just a warning: I have a Pandora bracelet, and I tried to fit the "Dreams Really Do Come True" Disney bead on it, and that sucker got STUCK!!! The very nice man at the jewelry store on Main Street had to use pliers in the back room to get it off. (It was quite embarrassing.) However, the bead fit perfectly fine on my second Pandora, so maybe I just had a fluke.

Regardless, I love my Pandora. I think their designs are the best, IMHO, although I do have some Disney beads and I love them.

I am excited to be getting a chamilia bracelet for Christmas! I really think it is a personal preference; I found more Chamilia charms that I liked. I also chose Chamilia because it is made in the USA, and I liked that. My sister has a pandora bracelet and she loves hers. I don't think you can go wrong with whichever you choose!

Just a warning: I have a Pandora bracelet, and I tried to fit the "Dreams Really Do Come True" Disney bead on it, and that sucker got STUCK!!! The very nice man at the jewelry store on Main Street had to use pliers in the back room to get it off. (It was quite embarrassing.) However, the bead fit perfectly fine on my second Pandora, so maybe I just had a fluke.

Regardless, I love my Pandora. I think their designs are the best, IMHO, although I do have some Disney beads and I love them.

Tuesday I bought the Cinderella coach in the store at the Polynesian. I tried to get it on my bracelet today and it wouldn't screw on. I forced it and then it was stuck. I was able to finally unscrew it but I think I damaged my pandora bracelet. What can I do now. I am back home in Ct. Do you think an authorized Chamilia store would exchange it?

We bought our daughter a Chamilia bracelet for Christmas. Coincidentally, my friends bought me one with a Mickey charm. Both of us really like them. I never would have bought one for myself but now I'm happy to have one. When we go to WDW in April, I plan to add to our bracelets.

I much prefer Pandora. :thumbsup2

I bought a Chamilia bracelet on Main Street and the clasp was horrible. I only had 2 Mickey charms on it, and they both fell off, as the clasp came undone, and my Murano Glass Mickey charm was damaged. Could have returned the charm as well, but I didn't as hubby bought it for me.

I contacted Chamilia, and so I was able to return the bracelet for a full refund while at Disney 2 weeks ago.

I am disappointed in the Disney charms, as the quality is not as good as Pandora, some of the designs look weird, and some charms do not fit Pandora.

I find the Pandora bracelets have much better clasps, gorgeous designs, and the quality of the bracelet and charms is better, IMHO.

I won't buy anymore Disney charms at all, as I am very content with my Pandora charms. Getting a new one this weekend for my birthday!

Tiger :)

That bead wouldn't fit on my Pandora bracelet either.

If you compare the quality and detail of Pandora vs. Chamilia charms, Pandora looks much better.

Oh, and Pandora has a princess carriage that blows the Chamilia one out of the water. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter