Pandora vs. Chamilia

I have a Pandora bracelet. I purchased some Chamilia charms during my last visit to Disney. They fit fine on my bracelet and my SIL's bracelet, which were older (from a few years ago). I bought my sister a new bracelet for Christmas with a Chamilia Eeyore charm. It would not fit on her bracelet. Her bracelet was too small anyway, so she exchanged it and it would not fit on the exchanged bracelet either. I tried that very same eeyore charm on both my bracelet and SIL's bracelet and it fit. I tried my mickey charm on my sister's bracelet and it would not fit.

I found the Chamilia mickey charm is not weighted properly so it is always upside down. My pandora charms seem to have the weight distributed better so will usually stay up.

If you compare the quality and detail of Pandora vs. Chamilia charms, Pandora looks much better.

Oh, and Pandora has a princess carriage that blows the Chamilia one out of the water. :)

Oooh, I love it. But I really wanted the Disney one to commemorate my trip. Oh well, I called DW and I am sending it back for a refund.

I much prefer my Pandora bracelet! But, I did start a Chamilia just for disney charms! :confused:

I have a Pandora bracelet with Chamelia charms because we started collecting them at Disney to remember our trips. I'll have to look for Troll.

OK, so now I am sooo excited! I've wanted a Pandora since they came out, but all my hints have fallen on deaf ears:rotfl2:So maybe since our upcoming trip is on my birthday , we'll have to stroll in to main street jewellers to "look" and I will find the Chamilia ones, and start a new "vacation" bracelet.:banana:
How much are the Chamilia bracelets, and do you get a charm with it when you buy it?

bumping it back up to see if someone can give me an idea of the cost of a Chamilia bracelet & charms at the parks. (see my previous post please:thumbsup2)

I don't know the cost of the bracelet. The charms seem to be the same price where ever you get them. $35+ We have gotten the Disney ones both at WDW and here at home. They seem to match the prices on the Chamilia website. Maybe you can look there for some ideas but get them in Disney to remember your trip. I do know that when we were looking for the Dreams Do Come True bead for my DD it was very hard to find. Finally found it at the gift store at the CR.

bumping it back up to see if someone can give me an idea of the cost of a Chamilia bracelet & charms at the parks. (see my previous post please:thumbsup2)

Silver bracelet is $55.00 plus tax, but not sure of the leather/material bracelet?

Charms range in price, as mentioned above, and prices are pretty set by Chamilia - $15.00 and up. Cheapest are the spacers, and then they go up in price for specialty charms. The average seems to be approx. $35.

Mk has a good selection, but they are popular, so they don't always have them in stock, but a few other places on property sell them as well.

Visit the Chamilia website, and you can get a good look at the designs!

Hope this helps, Tiger :)

Pandora v. Chamilia is a matter of personal preference. If you can see both in person, it will help you decide. Chamilia has the "official" Disney charms, so that might be the deciding factor for you. Chamilia, like Pandora, has different styles of bracelets, and you can choose the style that suits you best. In general, the "basic" sterling bracelet with a lobster-style clasp or the barrel-style clasp tends to be more secure in both brands. As a previous poster said, buy a longer bracelet if you plan to fill it with beads.

I keep Pandora beads on a Pandora chain and Chamilia beads on a Chamilia bracelet. As a result, I don't have any problems with beads getting stuck.

Personally, I think the Chamilia beads are prettier. The glass is brighter, and the crystals seem to sparkle more. But, again, it's a matter of personal preference. Just choose what appeals to you and enjoy!

Hi Girls!

I looked at Pandora, but they all seem to have silver and not enough color beads, nor do they have a good selection of any type of bling or crystal pave' beads. UGH. Pandora is also very expensive. Pandora also said that you can NOT clean your beads with a cleaner that they had to be brought into the store to get it cleaned. They also stated they you should not shower, or go to be beach with your jewelry on. :confused3

With that said, this is what I did. I went to the Chamilla website and saw THEIR design of a bacelet. It was pink, champaigne, and gold beads. The price for the bracelet was approximately $1600.00. Well, I went to Kohls and matched up the Kohls beads-- the color (pink) and the sparkle (pink and champagine) and Kohls gold beads (18k overlay) to match the Chamilla bracelet! It came out GORGEOUS!! I have gotten so many compliments on it. Oh, and I did put the Kohls beads on a Pandora braclet. The Kohls beads on the Pandora braclet was a fraction of the cost, I think for everything it cost less than $300.00!

Brunette

Pandora v. Chamilia is a matter of personal preference. If you can see both in person, it will help you decide. Chamilia has the "official" Disney charms, so that might be the deciding factor for you. Chamilia, like Pandora, has different styles of bracelets, and you can choose the style that suits you best. In general, the "basic" sterling bracelet with a lobster-style clasp or the barrel-style clasp tends to be more secure in both brands. As a previous poster said, buy a longer bracelet if you plan to fill it with beads.

I keep Pandora beads on a Pandora chain and Chamilia beads on a Chamilia bracelet. As a result, I don't have any problems with beads getting stuck.

Personally, I think the Chamilia beads are prettier. The glass is brighter, and the crystals seem to sparkle more. But, again, it's a matter of personal preference. Just choose what appeals to you and enjoy!

I defintely agree with you on that! Their beads are gorgeous, and they have a gorgeous selection. They do have a lot of color, crystals and I do think their beads are just beautiful. Pandora is mostly silver, of course you can buy a gold bead for hundreds of dollars, but no thanks! Also, Pandora has so many restrictions on how you wear their bracelet. They also told me if you put anything but a Pandora charm on a Pandora braclet it will cancel the warranty!! :confused3

I guess it depends on which one would present less of a safety hazard on the rides, or present less potential interference with the wireless and infrared control systems.

I wonder which brand will be prominently displayed in Avatarland...? Any guesses... ;)

As for price, both Chamilia and Pandora regularly run specials, such as spend $100 and get a basic bracelet for free. Also, you might be able to get a discount on Chamilia beads and bracelets at World of Disney in Downtown Disney (and maybe the stores in the parks). I've gotten a discount there with the Disney Rewards Visa, and I think they might give discounts for AP holders or DVC owners. It wouldn't hurt to ask. Disneyworld is the only place I've gotten a discount on Chamilia beads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter