Pandora?

Chili327

DIS Veteran
Does anyone think it replaces something instead of being part of DisneylandForward? (Pixar Hotel parking lot is my guess)

If they wedge it into Grizzly Peak, I’m selling my VGC DVC. lol

Last edited:
I don't see how you can have a hotel without a parking lot. I can't imagine that as a practical/workable solution.

I don't see how you can have a hotel without a parking lot. I can't imagine that as a practical/workable solution.
Maybe the blue squares stay as Hotel Parking, & maybe turned into a few floor garage? (2 or 3 down & 2 or 3 above ground)

1710359316546.png

Does anyone think it replaces something instead of being part of DisneylandForward? (Pixar Hotel parking lot is my guess)

If they wedged into Grizzly Peak, I’m selling my VGC DVC. lol
Ugh, I would be so sad if they did that to my beloved Grizzly Peak. Its so serene and a great transition to GCH.

I am wondering if it will be placed in the former Launch Bay building. Now that they are using the "experience" language again it makes me think it'll be a walkthrough of sorts.

Ugh, I would be so sad if they did that to my beloved Grizzly Peak. Its so serene and a great transition to GCH.

I am wondering if it will be placed in the former Launch Bay building. Now that they are using the "experience" language again it makes me think it'll be a walkthrough of sorts.
It definitely could go in Hollywood backlot, but only inside the building as the FoP ride, not outside theming w/ plants, trees, jungle type stuff wouldn't work unless they tore down the whole section, which could be possible if they took over the bus area out front of the park.

Playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9vdBkUWCwJ48LgsW8BEVXU2r55Zz3YWG

Freshbaked Disney a Vlogger has been pushing the idea that Grizzy peak/Soarin is where he thinks the land is coming to.....we will see

I want it to take over Hollywood so bad....it would solve a few problems in the park but we will hopefully find out at D23

Freshbaked Disney a Vlogger has been pushing the idea that Grizzy peak/Soarin is where he thinks the land is coming to.....we will see

I want it to take over Hollywood so bad....it would solve a few problems in the park but we will hopefully find out at D23
Yea i saw that one this morning. I hate the idea of it going in Grizzly Peak.!!

Hollywoodland can work, but only a ride, not a land. I hope its its part of the expansion, not replacing something that exists already. :)

Not that anything we say matters much, but like other people, I LOVE the current setup of Grizzly/Soarin/Redwood Creek and how it all flows into the GC hotel. I would really really hate to lose that area. Hollywood seems the best fit, it doesn't need to be a full land, just a ride (similar to Monster's Inc.). That area always feels like a dead zone, adding another attraction there feels necessary.

Edited to add: another benefit of building in Hollywood (vs anywhere else) they would minimize disruption to other popular attractions. There is such a strain at the parks when too many attractions are out of service/down, putting this in space that is currently (mostly) unused would be easier.

Oh, so do we know for sure it'll be in DCA? I missed that part if so. And in that case...yeah fingers crossed it's in the Hollywood area or a future expansion.

The red and blue areas you've outlined are marked as likely DCA expansion areas on the DisneylandForward map.
Yea, i was just spitballing, but does that mean it would have to be theme park (and not parking), or it just makes more sense if they are approved they would most likely do that.?

1710369335153.png

According to the internet, the Avatar thing is the following:

- an entire land in a new park
- a new land in one of the old parks
- a walkthrough exhibit
- a 3D movie
- a single ride

It will be located in:

- Tomorrowland
- Downtown Disney
- Grizzly Peak
- Hollywood Studios
- a parking lot
- whatever happens with DisneylandForward

Which means... no one knows anything at all and we likely won't until they make an official announcement.

People say Hollywood is too small.....I think your forgetting there is a lot of hidden land and also area's near it that aren't being used

But lets focus on what is there. We have Philharmagic theater and the old Millionaire building that should be more then enough for one attraction and using Monsters Inc and the Old Tron arcade area should be enough for a second

The River Boat ride could be reworked Omnimover ride (we need another people eater in DCA anyway) or just make a new ride that uses the Omnimover system

Then through Flight of the Passage while large shouldn't need as much Q space here and even if it does.....make it two story like Disney needs to find better ways to use land and not just give up on things because the land is limited you have to be creative with it

- whatever happens with DisneylandForward

Which means... no one knows anything at all and we likely won't until they make an official announcement.
Agree, its just fun to speculate.

People say Hollywood is too small.....I think your forgetting there is a lot of hidden land and also area's near it that aren't being used

But lets focus on what is there. We have Philharmagic theater and the old Millionaire building that should be more then enough for one attraction and using Monsters Inc and the Old Tron arcade area should be enough for a second

The River Boat ride could be reworked Omnimover ride (we need another people eater in DCA anyway) or just make a new ride that uses the Omnimover system

Then through Flight of the Passage while large shouldn't need as much Q space here and even if it does.....make it two story like Disney needs to find better ways to use land and not just give up on things because the land is limited you have to be creative with it

This is how much space COULD be available in Hollywoodland... Red is new parking and new pathway into the esplanade. Blue is possible New Land
1710371606079.png

But also... what is this about Gardenwalk??
1710371247416.png

So is it a land or an “experience?” If it’s an “experience” do you think it’s coming to Redwood Creek? Something similar to what they do for OBB and the Villains Grove? Just an overlay? That area has been closed for a long time…..🤔

I agree that Pandora shouldn't be over in the Grizzly Peak area at all. Too jarring a transition from a California/Western theme to Science Fiction/Fantasy.

The parking area just south of GoG Mission Breakout is more logical.

The area in DLR just north Star Wars would also work. The existing buildings (warehouses?) can be relocated anywhere.

Last edited:
I think it makes more sense at Disneyland than at CA Park. I don't know how they could stretch the park's theme anymore to fit something like Pandora. Avengers Campus is like silicon valley... um, ok. San Fransokyo is Disney's IP version of SF... fine, at least you're trying and everyone loves Baymax. But there's no stretch I can think of to make Pandora fit.

Also, I'm hoping it's not a clone of WDW's Pandora but something else. Then it might be easier to put it in CA if they really wanted. Maybe something to do with the Way of Water, a ride system like Pirates in Shanghai would work well for that. They could put it in the Hollywood area as a kind of studio building and the fit is that obviously Avatar is a movie made by Hollywood, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter