Pandora?

They could put it in the Hollywood area as a kind of studio building and the fit is that obviously Avatar is a movie made by Hollywood, lol
Yep, that’s what I’m thinking, put a Hollywood twist on it. ;)

Rumors I am seeing say it could replace Redwood Creek Challange Trail & Grizzly River Run.
Thats what we all hope is NOT true!! ;)

Was that in the plans?
I believe so, I think I saw buses listed over there on the Anaheim site just today. But I was reading so many things today I’m not sure where I saw it.
Certainly Hey Brickey playlist is just speculating, but I think he is spot on with a lot of it… and like I said, I’m pretty sure I just saw it today listed as proposed bus drop off.

I think it makes more sense at Disneyland than at CA Park. I don't know how they could stretch the park's theme anymore to fit something like Pandora. Avengers Campus is like silicon valley... um, ok. San Fransokyo is Disney's IP version of SF... fine, at least you're trying and everyone loves Baymax. But there's no stretch I can think of to make Pandora fit.

Also, I'm hoping it's not a clone of WDW's Pandora but something else. Then it might be easier to put it in CA if they really wanted. Maybe something to do with the Way of Water, a ride system like Pirates in Shanghai would work well for that. They could put it in the Hollywood area as a kind of studio building and the fit is that obviously Avatar is a movie made by Hollywood, lol
Disneyland does not need anything for year

Unless they can also add to DCA at the same time, DCA needs 2 or not 3 new E tickets

Disneyland is getting HM new Q/rumored new effects, New Orleans being refreshed, Adeventureland Tree house, Splash Redo, GE with two new rides and a Redone Toontown plus updates to Snow White, Indy etc while DCA in the same time got Spiderman and Arrangers Campus and the Big Hero 6 land re theming in the same time period.

DCA needs Avatar much more and them does not matter at DCA, Monster inc makes no sense, Pixar Peir makes no sense for theming, Soarin doesn't make sense any more unless its food and wine....Carsland is in Arizona theming doesn't matter at DCA any more

The more I think about it, I think the Submarine Voyage is a good place for Avatar. Lean into Way of Water and retheme the underwater scenes. Spruce up the subs a little with some futuristic flair, and you're all set. It fits better in Tomorrowland than Finding Nemo anyway.

The more I think about it, I think the Submarine Voyage is a good place for Avatar. Lean into Way of Water and retheme the underwater scenes. Spruce up the subs a little with some futuristic flair, and you're all set. It fits better in Tomorrowland than Finding Nemo anyway.
They literally just refurbished that ride 2 years ago, they aren't gonna retheme it any time soon.

If they put an avatar themed area right by the Grand Californian, I will be so annoyed. Especially since I just bought DVC points there! I can't stand Avatar-related stuff so I certainly don't want to have that crap literally right there! Ick. I know I'm the minority but I really love the current theming of that area and I love the Redwood creek play area a lot. Sure, it's not an e-ticket or even a ride...but it's a great place for kids to run around safely.

If they put an avatar themed area right by the Grand Californian, I will be so annoyed. Especially since I just bought DVC points there! I can't stand Avatar-related stuff so I certainly don't want to have that crap literally right there! Ick. I know I'm the minority but I really love the current theming of that area and I love the Redwood creek play area a lot. Sure, it's not an e-ticket or even a ride...but it's a great place for kids to run around safely.
I love that area as well! I don't think you're in the minority about that!

Especially with the removal of Bug's Land, losing Redwood Creek would be another blow to families with little kids.

Also, as a native Californian who loves the High Sierra, I really like that area myself!

Especially with the removal of Bug's Land, losing Redwood Creek would be another blow to families with little kids.

Also, as a native Californian who loves the High Sierra, I really like that area myself!
Problem is little kids don't buy stuff. Avatar sells a lot of merch and high end stuff too. Grizzly/Redwood -- very little.

They could make the empty backlot space a giant playground if they wanted to and it matches up with Monster's Inc much better too.

Problem is little kids don't buy stuff. Avatar sells a lot of merch and high end stuff too. Grizzly/Redwood -- very little.
True, but adults don't buy stuff either if they have to take their little ones back to the hotel because the kids are bored or don't have a place to run around for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter