Parade cancelled due to strike action!

With the prices DLRP are charging guests now (especially over Christmas and New Year) I think it is very poor for this to have got this far.
I am a lifelong union member (even in my student days!) but this is so disappointing for families. I hope this isn't what we can expect from now on. I really think it can only make things worse for poorly paid workers.

It was cancelled last sat due to weather so not much changes still no parade.

omg that is terrible, how do you explain that to your children! We go in 3 wks hope that dosnt happen to us, feel sorry for everyone there.

after reading that article i am actually disgusted at the actions of the strikers. any strike i have seen has taken place outside of the building and i dont see why dlp should be different. i feel so sorry for anyone who had to witness that and i hope it didnt have an impact on their holiday. the website that lists what the workers are actually asking for is in french so i dont know if they are being unreasonable or not either way i dont think spoiling peoples well deserved holidays is the way to go

Just read that the industrial action is officially over now that a pay increase has been announced. Was surprised to read that only 200 CM's took part in the strike, surely they must be a small percentage of the park's employees :confused3
Hopefully it won't be repeated, I understand that not only was OUAD cancelled but also Stars n Cars and the Stunt Show and for a short while access to BTM and SM was restricted by the strikers. :(

We arrived on the 23rd and saw the strike action. They went into our hotel (Hotel New York) and were shouting in the reception area, not a nice way to start your vacation. I asked a CM what was going on and she just said something about them disliking Disney... Well, ok then! They left quite quick and we didn't see them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter