Parade Rudeness

You guys are really making me worried . . . . I will be visiting WDW in November with Mom on an ECV and she loves parades and shows and such. I also do not do well with thoughtless people, and will likely be like some of you who don't hesitate to speak up to the thoughtless--but also don't want such an encounter to ruin the mood of the trip. Is there some way to get priority seating (yes, paying for it) for the parades (I know about the Fantasmic dining package--but we probably won't do that having already seen the DLR version)?

Since I was the one who had the voicemail about the evil woman at Illuminations, I only feel that it's fair to tell you about our absolutely wonderful experience with Spectro. We arrived about 30-45 minutes before the Spectro parade so I knew we wouldn't get too great of a spot. We did find a place close to the castle where there was a huge extended family sitting on the curb. I figured they would stand up in front of us when the parade started but it was the best we could find so we waited patiently. There were several generations of people and we all started talking. They were from a small town in Georgia and that was their last night. One of them was a teenaged boy who had long hair, skater clothes(I guess-I am sooo lame and out of touch with teenagers:lmao: ) and I assumed he would be a total punk. Well...he started talking to the kids and said "Here, you guys have to be in front so you can see." All the adults scooted over to make room for my two children to sit on the curb.:cloud9: I was so touched. Not only that, but they remained seated the whole time so DH and I had a great view as well. If only all guests had that attitude, things would be so much more pleasant.:hippie:

As a rule I avoid parades as people tend to "not be so nice".......

Recently however, we stayed for the 3pm parade at MK. (On Main Street-if you can believe that!). We sat down about 1 hour before the parade was supposed to start (I had a pole to lean back against :)). My DD and chatted and rested and watched people. I am happy to say we had no issues! No one pushed, shoved or anything else. I admit I was SHOCKED. A family sat down behind my DD with a little girl and we invited her to sit next to my DD on the curb and they just chatted away. It was the nicest parade I have seen in a while. There is actually no strangers in my pictures :lmao:

You know we had some nice adults that let my kids sit beside them up front at the MGM parade and the MNSSHP parade in 06 and I made sure to thank them for it. At the MNSSHP they said hey kids get up here and get some candy, I felt bad because in the excitement they practically knocked them over trying to get their bags out to get some candy as the characters passed by,.:rolleyes1

You guys are really making me worried . . . . I will be visiting WDW in November with Mom on an ECV and she loves parades and shows and such. I also do not do well with thoughtless people, and will likely be like some of you who don't hesitate to speak up to the thoughtless--but also don't want such an encounter to ruin the mood of the trip. Is there some way to get priority seating (yes, paying for it) for the parades (I know about the Fantasmic dining package--but we probably won't do that having already seen the DLR version)?

I wouldn't worry too much about the rude people. It may seem like our society is moving away from common courtsey but I think a polite reminder will rectify most situations. If not, don't hestitate to be a little more vocal/aggressive. It's not like you will have to see those people again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter