Parade Spot Saving?

Buffum

Earning My Ears
Stumbled upon this image on Twitter and it got me thinking. This is a pic of Disney Land, but this topic is relevant for WDW as well. While this is kind of extreme, is there any level of spot saving that's acceptable when it comes to parades?
I don't even know if spot saving is technically against park rules.
What do you guys think?

ZUYWvTY.jpg

Last edited:
I consider that littering not spot saving :)
If you physically aren't saving a spot along the street then that spot is not yours.

That’s ridiculous and should be scooped up by cast members.

Personally, I think it’s rude to save a spot for more than an adult and a child who needed a bathroom break and is too young to go on their own or one adult who went to get snacks or something. In both instances, they are coming right back.

Maybe they do it differently than WDW (that pic isn't from WDW) but I've never seen that done here in Orlando and I don't think it's right.

I don't mind someone holding a couple spots for family members. Just like going to the movie theater. You usually save a couple seats but you aren't saving an entire row.

If you're at Disney at you're party is not physically there, you're not holding any spots.

For that picture, I wouldn't be against any guest moving that stuff out of the way and sitting down. Or a cast member picking it up and bringing to lost and found

Stumbled upon this image on Twitter and it got me thinking. This is a pic of Disney Land, but this topic is relevant for WDW as well. While this is kind of extreme, is there any level of spot saving that's acceptable when it comes to parades?
I don't even know if spot saving is technically against park rules.
What do you guys think?

ZUYWvTY.jpg
As noted, this is Disneyland. And in the past year they've put in place a few restrictions about doing this. They made the policy "no blankets/jackets can be put down until the ropes are up for the parade route". And, someone has to remain with the "saved spaces". It's apparently been relaxed a bit, in that they are allowing people to put down jackets and blankets along what will be the parade route, but it's still true that someone must remain with them. Any items placed down without a body holding those spots, are picked up and turned into lost & found.

It's been my understanding that the empty blanket situation is quite prevalent in WDW, however.

Well technology had advanced to that point where they could’ve made an entirely different room at little to no cost to Pixar (unlike the Andy’s dad theory where in reality another human would’ve cost too much and the human animation was horrible at the time but sure drive the divorce). The positioning of the objects really helps but it’s still a theory

Spot saving?????

giphy.gif

Here we go again....

You can get your fill of opinions about this from this (now closed) thread from last week.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/keeping-parade-spots-for-others.3646303/page-4#post-58447195

Haha whoops didn't realize this was such a controversial topic! I guess I barely missed the last great parade war.
Mods can close this thread if they want I didn't realize I was setting up a minefield.

Did people respect that? Like a random sweatshirt on the ground?

It reminds me of living in the city when people would shovel out a parking spot and put a plastic chair in the spot to hold it lol

Yep, that's definitely Disneyland. It's sort of hard to wrap your head around. I sat next to an unoccupied rug once for a long time and at the last minute right before the parade, the owners showed up and took their front row seat. Not a word from anyone. I guess so many do it they all look out for each other?

I know they tried some rules earlier in the year, but I haven't seen reports recently about how that's going. Sort of makes me think they might have backed off on enforcing it.

Haha whoops didn't realize this was such a controversial topic! I guess I barely missed the last great parade war.
Mods can close this thread if they want I didn't realize I was setting up a minefield.
So...um... did you forget to drop a quote from multi-quote?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter