paradise cove on Grand Bahama Island

okidoc

Earning My Ears
Anyone been to Paradise Cove on Grand Bahama Island? I am considering going there for the beach and to snorkel Dead man's reef. It's about 15 miles from Freeport. What's the best way (least expensive way) to get there? Once there is it a public beach or is there a cost to access the beach? Thanks for any advice.

Checked Dave's site and couldn't find anything on this beach. Does anybody know anything about car rental in Freeport? Any info on what to do in Freeport would be appreciated.

Hey! I'm on a roll tonight , this is my third post. Usually I just read the post and don't get in on the act. But I needed to reply because I have been to Pardise Cove! My husband and I were there in July. We booked the tour through Our Lucaya Hotel and I think we paid $30 each- but it included our transportation. The beach was beautiful but I would not recommed it to everyone. If you are not a strong and I mean strong swimmer you will not make it. The Reef I would say is about a mile out from the beach and once you get to the back of the reef it drops off to I would say 60 to 80 or more feet and the ocean and currents are strong. My husband I would say is a good swimmer and did not make it. One or two men constantly are running boat around the reef making sure no one needs help. My husband ended up taking one of them up on there offer. I finished up a round with a friend, but was very tired at the end. The snorking was O.K. but nothing wonderful. I don't know if this is in your buget, but the best thing I"ve ever done was the swimming with the dolphins in Freeport. If you would like to read about it you can go to www.unexso.com and see if it would be something you would like to do. One word of advice - spent the extra money on the swim not the encounter. I have read some negative threads about the dolphin encounter in Freeport(I think because it might have been alittle disappointing) But the swim is well worth the money. I have done many dolphin swims and by far this one is the best, because you get to free swim with the dolphins. You can touch them and really interact with them.Bring your googles so you can see them underwater. And they love to race!
You might want to check out www.bahamasnet.com, www.deadmansreef.com and of course the dolphins is www.unexso.com. I hope I answered some of you questions for you, if you have anymore feel free to ask. I also have a few "what to do" books on Freeport if you interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter