Paradise Pier entrance to DCA

sleepymouse

DIS Veteran
There has been lots of talk about this entrance, but I just want to make sure I have everything clear.

1- PPH DCA entrance open for EE?
2- Any onsite guest can use this entrance?
3- Guests at DLH and PPH can pass through GCH on way to DL?

There has been lots of talk about this entrance, but I just want to make sure I have everything clear.

1- PPH DCA entrance open for EE?
2- Any onsite guest can use this entrance?
3- Guests at DLH and PPH can pass through GCH on way to DL?

1-We never used the PPH entrance for EE but we asked when we checked in, yes it is open for EE. However, it's pretty far from Avengers Campus and some of the bigger rides. You might be better off using the main entrance depending on what you are trying to spend your EE time on.

2-No. Not at least when we were there in October. There was security (not bag check but a guard standing there) at the entrance to the GCH gate and the PPH gate. Unless you're sneaking in behind someone, you must scan your room key/app to get in, and the guy there when we were was checking. They don't check keys at actual security, but they did at those two gates. We could not get into the GCH gate across from Paradise Pier with our room key and there was security checking. We could get through from Downtown Disney through the GCH and out of the gate however, because it does not require a room key.

3-Kinda answered this in number 2, but no. Unless there isn't security and you can follow someone through I guess, but I wouldn't risk having to turn around. We used the Downtown Disney security line every morning and also used our EE every morning we started in DL. We got to security at 6:30 and there was a small line, maybe 20 people, already there. The line moves quickly and if you're willing to walk fast, you'll probably do better than trying the GCH. The GCH line looked packed and there was really no one in front of us that was coming from GCH.

Hope this helps! This was about 2 months ago (mid-October) when we went so things could have changed!

Yes, the new entrance is open for EE. I assume any onsite guest can use it, we had to use our key to open the gate, was staying at PPH, but guess GCH and DLH guests could use it , too. And yes, you could go through the GCH - the keys for the hotel room PPH opened that gate- at least they did last week.

I'm sure I could ballpark this, but has anyone used this gate at start of EE and have an estimate of time it took, or how crowded Avengers Campus was once they arrived? We are coming this weekend & Avengers Campus probably makes the most sense for OUR group to start at, so probably best to be early at the Main Entrance?

Stayed at pph over Thanksgiving week. Yes the entrance is open for EE. Openned promptly at 7:30 both days we used. Cant speak for avengers; but had not issues getting in line for RSR.

It's only for pph guest (scan card to get in gate, can't say if they check hotel at ticket chekcnor not.

For DL; we had no issues going through GCH to DD for EE; again you'll need your room card to scan at the gate

We aren't staying there but I'm just curious....when do people using this entrance into the park go through metal detectors and have their bags checked?

We aren't staying there but I'm just curious....when do people using this entrance into the park go through metal detectors and have their bags checked?
there’s security tables and metal detectors right before you scan your park admission. Right behind Seaside Souvenirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter