Paradise Pier Hotel Renovations

I was looking at this for our trip, which is shortly after you arrive. I can't find any estimate of completion. So... we are booking elsewhere.

Does anyone know if the Paradise Pier Hotel renovations to Pixar will be done by June 2023? Would you book that now or no?
I'm not sure about the project time frame, but you could always book it now and book a back-up too, just in case. That way you'll have a room either way. Also, if prices go up after the renovations you might have a better rate by booking ahead.

I've asked Disney Customer Service directly and either they have no idea or they have been told not to divulge any time frame.

Has anyone heard anything else about the renovation?
We stayed there about two weeks ago and construction was still ongoing in the lobby area, with them painting the front of the hotel (we even saw them right next to our suite painting!). But with them still not working on the rooms, I’d say it may take a while for the renovation to be complete!

We stayed there about two weeks ago and construction was still ongoing in the lobby area, with them painting the front of the hotel (we even saw them right next to our suite painting!). But with them still not working on the rooms, I’d say it may take a while for the renovation to be complete!
Did the construction make it hard to get around the hotel? Do you know if the pool was open? Also, how were the elevators? I can't wait to see what the rooms will be like, but I bet you're right—it will be a while.

Did the construction make it hard to get around the hotel? Do you know if the pool was open? Also, how were the elevators? I can't wait to see what the rooms will be like, but I bet you're right—it will be a while.
The construction didn’t affect maneuvering around the hotel too much, but that may be because it’s a hallway with a straight shot to the elevators, with the lobby on the right and the gift stop (with a fuel rod station!) and the stairs to the second floor on the left, with the lobby and the rent a car service on the right. The pool was closed, with walls blocking you from entering the area, which I think have been there since we stayed there October with a suite that happened to overlook it. The elevators didn’t cause us much of an issue, even with EE, and the only time it got backed up was at the end of the night after DCA had closed, but everyone seemed really good at grouping up if a certain elevator was going to their desired floor. I’m excited about the rooms too, but we might stay at the DLH until the refurb is complete, just in case the prices go up at PP so we can afford to stay there often if we like it :)

The construction didn’t affect maneuvering around the hotel too much, but that may be because it’s a hallway with a straight shot to the elevators, with the lobby on the right and the gift stop (with a fuel rod station!) and the stairs to the second floor on the left, with the lobby and the rent a car service on the right. The pool was closed, with walls blocking you from entering the area, which I think have been there since we stayed there October with a suite that happened to overlook it. The elevators didn’t cause us much of an issue, even with EE, and the only time it got backed up was at the end of the night after DCA had closed, but everyone seemed really good at grouping up if a certain elevator was going to their desired floor. I’m excited about the rooms too, but we might stay at the DLH until the refurb is complete, just in case the prices go up at PP so we can afford to stay there often if we like it :)
Thanks for the detailed reply, I appreciate it :)

I have similar questions that I think others have regarding Paradise Pier. From what I've read, construction is supposed to carry over into 2024. I'm wondering if it would be wise for us to stay there this year.

I don't care so much about the restaurants, gift shops, the pool, or even theming. We usually eat at the parks or Downtown Disney. Ditto for shopping.

What I would like is a Disney hotel (for the early entry perk). I want the expedited entrance to California Adventure. I want to be in somewhat close proximity to Downtown Disney and the Disneyland park. AND I want the aforementioned as cheap as possible.

Am I on the right track by booking? Or are there good reasons not to stay there right now? I haven't been to Anaheim in multiple years, so I'm hoping that someone can offer insight.

I have similar questions that I think others have regarding Paradise Pier. From what I've read, construction is supposed to carry over into 2024. I'm wondering if it would be wise for us to stay there this year.

I don't care so much about the restaurants, gift shops, the pool, or even theming. We usually eat at the parks or Downtown Disney. Ditto for shopping.

What I would like is a Disney hotel (for the early entry perk). I want the expedited entrance to California Adventure. I want to be in somewhat close proximity to Downtown Disney and the Disneyland park. AND I want the aforementioned as cheap as possible.

Am I on the right track by booking? Or are there good reasons not to stay there right now? I haven't been to Anaheim in multiple years, so I'm hoping that someone can offer insight.
We have been staying there the past few trips simply because of the entrance into DCA; it’s great for early entry! Construction is still being done in the lobby and the pool area, and the hotel is being painted from the outside. I think if you’re looking for just a place to crash but with Disney benefits, this is a great place. While it would be great if it wasn’t under construction, the update was needed and it’s still a great hotel with great views. Even though this hotel is the cheapest of the three, prices can get up there but I find that most of the time the standard view and even premium view rooms there are comparable to prices at other nice surrounding hotels in the area, if that’s any help!

Are the rooms being renovated also?
Not yet to my knowledge, as we didn’t hear anything but then again they could begin work whenever. Although I imagine they would announce it and put it on the website page since it probably counts as a guest disturbance.

So I booked Jan 2024 rooms for Disneyland Half Marathon. The castmemeber had to still read me the warning that it will be under construction. So yes it will be going on till 2024. Also good news the castmember recommended me putting in a request for a renovated room. So they are doing room renvoations. I am hoping most will be done by 2024. But I am booking this since the the non disney hotels during Disneyland half marathon went through the roof being the first half marathon race weekend in a very long time. So if I am paying disney prices might as well get disney benfits.

The pics look good I am excited to try out the hotel and hoping we get a renovated room.

We have been staying there the past few trips simply because of the entrance into DCA; it’s great for early entry! Construction is still being done in the lobby and the pool area, and the hotel is being painted from the outside. I think if you’re looking for just a place to crash but with Disney benefits, this is a great place. While it would be great if it wasn’t under construction, the update was needed and it’s still a great hotel with great views. Even though this hotel is the cheapest of the three, prices can get up there but I find that most of the time the standard view and even premium view rooms there are comparable to prices at other nice surrounding hot in the area, if that’s any help!
Thank you! This was very helpful to us.

There’s an OK’ish deal for PPH at the moment for December on a popular third party site. But if they aren’t renovating the rooms too….

There’s an OK’ish deal for PPH at the moment for December on a popular third party site. But if they aren’t renovating the rooms too….
I couldn’t imagine them not renovating the rooms as there are far too many references to the former paradise pier theme, as well as just a dated feeling overall for them to ignore it. It is a bit odd how they have not announced anything whatsoever regarding the rooms yet, but hopefully something gets announced soon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter