Paradise Pier

lilsassymom

Mouseketeer
Is Paradise Pier not in the Disney "bubble?" Do we have to cross traffic getting to the park? We stayed at Disneyland Hotel last time and didn't have to cross traffic. We loved the feeling of being in the Disney bubble, but wanted to try something new this time. Can't find any info on this

I loved staying at PPH when we did. Crossing one street and going through the Grand is not bad in my opinion. We saved a ton of money staying there that we were able to do the concierge level with an amazing theme park view. I would do it again in a heart beat, but have falling in love with DLH and that is where our honeymoon will be. We will probably stay at PPH again when we do another family trip as it is more economical and you're still in the Disney bubble in my opinion.

You could also take the long way out of the back of the hotel and past DLH to go through DTD, but it was nice walking through the Grand on a hot day to get a little relief from the heat before going back out in it.

I personally love the PPH. It is easy peasy to walk across the street and through the GCH to DTD as the pp posted; you do have to cross one street then walk along the pathway to the Grand's giant stained glass door. I like the ambiance of the hotel and consider myself still in the "Bubble" whenever I stay there. WE are staying there 8/16-8/24 concierge level and super excited about it.

You do cross a street which might have non Disney traffic but I would say you are still in the bubble. Once you go outside the hotel to start your walk, the only thing you see is the GCH (maybe another hotel or condo place but whatever it is, I didn't find it noticeable. You basically walk along the side of the PPH with Disney landscaping, cross a city street and go down the GCH driveway.

We love staying in the "Disney Bubble", with all the benefits that go with it (early entry every day, sending souvenirs back to the hotel, etc).....but the DLH and GCH are further out of our budget than we're able to justify, so we usually stay at PPH. We consider it "our" hotel, since we've stayed there two out of the last three visits to DLR, and will be there again in two weeks. We splurged and stayed at the DLH last year, and got stuck in the Frontier tower (furthest away) in probably the smallest room available, so the experience there wasn't enough to loose our love of Paradise Pier. It feels like it's just on the edge of the "bubble", but the Goofy statue in the lobby and the subtle Disney touches reminds you that it's still a part of the resort. The street you cross to take the shortcut through the GCH lobby is mostly Disney traffic, as that street is mostly for people needing access to the Disney owned hotels, Downtown Disney and the parking lots for the parks. The only thing you see in front of PPH while crossing the street is the beautiful GCH and the backside of the Paradise Pier section of California Adventure, so it all still feels "Disney".

Thank you all so much. This makes me feel so much better. I was worried it was a very busy traffic street. If it's mostly Disney traffic then that will be great. We decided to stay here this time as opposed to the Disneyland Hotel so we could put the extra $ towards another 1-2 days at the parks.

I stayed there last week and the traffic was no where near as heavy as on Harbor. There's also a lot less foot traffic for the crosswalk over to GCH than you see on Harbor.

We've stayed at all three DLR hotels and so far our favourite has been PPH. Our room at GCH was sooooooooooo far away that I think it was a faster walk to our room in PPH than GCH!

It's no less in the "Disney bubble" than the other two Disney hotels, imo. We greatly enjoyed our stay there.

I was worried about that “bubble” as well on our first trip, and I was surprised that it did feel like I was in the bubble lol. Our resort of choice is the DLH but we would stay at PPH in a second! Enjoy your trip!

Is Paradise Pier not in the Disney "bubble?" Do we have to cross traffic getting to the park? We stayed at Disneyland Hotel last time and didn't have to cross traffic. We loved the feeling of being in the Disney bubble, but wanted to try something new this time. Can't find any info on this

Thank you for asking the question lilsassymom, I couldn't quite figure it out from the map!

It's about a block off of Downtown Disney, down toward the GCH. The quickest way to the parks is across the traffic over to the GCH then into the parks. It certainly feels bubbly enough for my taste. :)

I have no need for a bubble. I can hear Disney in-park music while walking from HoJo on the park side of the street, which is pretty cool and as bubbly as I care about.

Yes there's a street in between the Grand and PPH. There's a nice crosswalk with stop/go images, and you'll often be crossing with employees.

We stayed at Disneyland Hotel last time and didn't have to cross traffic.

FWIW there's a small road between DLH and DTD! I know b/c I've run it a few times getting to a finish line, LOL, and I've seen small official vehicles on it every so often.

Our room at GCH was sooooooooooo far away that I think it was a faster walk to our room in PPH than GCH!

I don't doubt it at all.

Our room at the Grand was very close to being as far away from the center of the esplanade as if we had started walking from the sidewalk outside HoJo.

If your concern is crossing the street. You can exit the back of the hotel and walk North following the path past DLH. It will take you directly to Downtown Disney where you can walk through to the parks entrance or hop on the monorail.

We loved it, and felt it was very much in "the bubble!" We walked both through GCH and also straight into DTD from a nice walk out the back and around the little parking lot. Both felt very On Disney, and we loved the walks.

Would the standard room just be too small for 4 adults and a toddler? I know it's allowed but would it just be too uncomfortable for 2-3 nights?

It would depend on the adults and the toddler. If you're staying concierge, you can request a 'cabana room' which is on the third floor and will have its own private patio with a table and chairs that looks out on yo the pool area. It's gated so the toddler won't be wandering off.

There's only that one street to cross and while it still feels very much like you're in The Disney Bubble, I think it's important to point out that it's not a quiet little road, it's four lanes and the cars sometimes go really fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter