• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PARENTS of school-aged children, please read....

SavvyMom

<font color=orange>It's my gig, what can I say
As a teacher, I want to share my experiences today.

I had a meeting with a grandparent that is raising one of my students. "Susie" exceeded expectations on her state-mandated tests. The grandmother hugged me and said, "Thank you for working with her and pushing her."

I had a chance to see the mom of another of my students. She hugged me and said, "Thank you for your patience."

I shared test scores with yet another child's parents and told them how proud I am of her. They said, "We are grateful that you care about our child."

I cannot express how encouraged I feel because of these parents. It is so uplifting to be acknowledged as a member of the "team" for a child after a long year.

I just wanted to share in the hope that you parents realize how important you are to teachers. Your positive words encourage us to work even harder for the next generation.

Thank you!!!! :thumbsup2

aside from parents and grandparents, teachers are the only people who love our kids as much as we do. thank you, OP, for everything you do to make a difference in those children's lives!

I always praise teachers. I realize that there are some bad apples just like in any profession but overall I think that they are good, caring people and they have certainly taught DS well.

I'm glad that you got some positive feedback. :)

What a great post!

Thank you for all you do :goodvibes

That's so sweet of you! :flower3:

aside from parents and grandparents, teachers are the only people who love our kids as much as we do. thank you, OP, for everything you do to make a difference in those children's lives!

I really do work hard and I pray that I do make a difference.

I always praise teachers. I realize that there are some bad apples just like in any profession but overall I think that they are good, caring people and they have certainly taught DS well.

I'm glad that you got some positive feedback. :)

I cannot express how much it means to me. I really needed it!

I always praise my kids teachers. :) Everyone needs that "pat on the back". It really does help make things worth it.

I recently told both of my kids' teachers what a great job they are doing/did, I also mentioned it to the prinicipal bc many times they only hear the negative.

DS10's 4th grade teacher has been absolutely awesome, I adore her and wish she could follow him to the other grades:)

DS15's 8th grade teacher taught them last year in great detail how to properly do a bibliograhpy while teaching them to do a research paper.
He is now in HS, had to do a mini-research paper for English Lit class and he and one other boy got a 98. His friends asked how he did it, he looked at their papers and noticed that the red marks were all over their bibliographies. They told him they were never taught HOW to do a bibliography. So I went back and told the teacher and the prinicipal and thanked them for teaching that to him. He even gave his teacher credit for that.

Toward the end of the year I often write an email to my child's teachers and tell them the positive changes I have seen in my child this year and thank the teacher for what they do. I copy the principal as well. I have received return emails from the principal thanking me, noting that most communication they receive from parents is for something negative.

As a teacher I agree completely with the OP. I would also encourage parents to share those kind words with the principal as well. :)

I think that because I'm a teacher my own kids' teachers get better end of year presents! ;)

I always tell my kids teachers how much I appreciate their work. I am currently trying to decide what to get my 4th graders teacher as an end of the year present. She has taught all of my children and we are moving away for good at the end of the school year. I want it to be special.

As a former teacher I love hearing of situations like this.

At the end of the school I send an email to the principal stating the outstanding job the teacher did with my child that school year. The principal always replies that she is putting the email in the teachers permanent record.

As a teacher, this is so true! It means so much. I am a high school teacher. Often by this time, the parents do not interact as much with the teachers. I worked at the elementary, middle school and high school level. Trust me, the high school teachers appreciate the pats on the back too!

I know for a fact that my daughter is the exceptional student that she is primarily because of the teachers she's had since kindergarten and I try to acknowledge that as much as possible. For every email I get telling me what a great kid she is, I return with a response "only because of you and the other teachers in her life".::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter