• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Attendance in Late April?

kayli2299

Earning My Ears
I am looking into a trip to Disney World with my family at the end of April. Around the 22-27. How are the crowds? I have looked at many attendance calendars but they all say different things.. any personal accounts of crowds from around that time?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I am jumping on this thread as I was thinking the same thing. I booked a weekend trip (4/29 to 5/1) and am only doing the MK on Saturday the 30th. I checked one of the sites and it showed that park as "yellow" which surprised me a little. I thought because spring break is well over and most kids aren't quite out of school yet that I would be in good shape.

Thoughts?

Generally it's average to low average crowd levels. It's our favorite time of year to go and completely manageable crowd levels.

I am booked for that time period. New York is on a week long April break that week. What I saw was many crowd projections go from a "4-5" range to "6" or better (very few 7s, to be fair) once we got past people just using the historical data. With Easter being very early this year, there was a much larger portion of April that looked like it was going to have nice weather and low crowds. It seems like me and about 30,000 other people from NYS decided this was too good to pass up. I know for sure that Southwest Airline reacted to high demand for flights; I ended up using 80,000 frequent flier points on 2 RT tickets from Albany to MCO )They can normally be had for 1/3 of that).

I think using "Best Park" choices and solid use of FP+, Rope Drop strategies, and sensible touring plan will make your trip fairly stress free. You may have some difficulties booking dining at this point, but if you are flexible with your choices you'll be fine.

With Easter in March, April is going to be great. Low to moderate crowds, awesome weather and the Flower & Garden Festival.

We went on our very first trip this week. It was great. It was 6 years ago but Crowds were a 4/5 and the weather was wonderful. The park hours can be short but we had no problem doing everything we wanted.

This is one of our favorite times to go to the parks. Crowds were definitely more noticeable around that time last year than the prior time we stayed, but it wasn't overwhelming at all. The only problem we ran into were the cheerleading groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter