Park cancellations?

HandsofReiki

Mouseketeer
Hi! I’m back after 3 years and Disney post covid newbie.

I see the only park open until mid July for ressies is Epcot.... is there ever cancellations? Is there a thread for that?

is Epcot going to be a good idea in mid June with 2/7 year olds? My ideal is magic kingdom because my 2 year old is obsessed with princesses. Adores frozen though.... she would be over the moon for that which I know is in Epcot. But just princesses and Minnie.

any guidance to where this info is (or not) is appreciated! Thanks for your time!

They have been adjusting the reservations calendar periodically so keep checking. Also, there are reports here that some have gotten reservations on days that say nothing is available and it’s believed to be because the calendar you see is not updated immediately to reflect total availability of someone cancels a reservation. I agree MK is best at that age, have you considered hoppers? That way as long as you check into the first park you can go over to other parks. The time for hopping right now is after 2pm though.....

Hi! Thank you for this!

Question about how they got the reservation? Just booking tickets then booking reservations even though the res calendar says full? Is that what you mean?

and that is GREAT info on park hoppers!

so even if it says full... if I have a park hopper, check in to my first park, I can check into the next park by 2?

what if I only check into first park at 1pm? 😂

🙏🙏🙏

thank you so much for this. I just told my husband I knew going back to disboards was going to be so helpful.
Glad to be back!

Hi!

back after 4 years!

it looks like Epcot is the only park available until mid July.

worth it with a 2/7 year old with the 2 year old being obsessed with princesses and Winnie the Pooh?

Are there ever more ressies released like cancellations?

if there is a place I can get this info .... 👍👍
Park reservations may happen and the ‘buckets’ may be shifted around but there is no guarantee.

It’s hard to know if it’s worth it as it is such a personal decision. There is the option to purchase hopper tickets and hop to the other parks at 2PM. To date there has never been a case where any park is closed to hopping.

The best place to look for cancellations is to actually try to book a park reservation in a park but tickets need to be purchased to do this. The park availability calendar is not updated real-time so there are many instances of guests finding availability in a park that is showing as full in the calendar. Unfortunately that is about the only way to truly know.

I would also recommend following here and the News thread on the News and Rumor board as it’s often posted in those places if bulk amounts of new reservations open up.

I hope this helps.

Park reservations may happen and the ‘buckets’ may be shifted around but there is no guarantee.

It’s hard to know if it’s worth it as it is such a personal decision. There is the option to purchase hopper tickets and hop to the other parks at 2PM. To date there has never been a case where any park is closed to hopping.

The best place to look for cancellations is to actually try to book a park reservation in a park but tickets need to be purchased to do this. The park availability calendar is not updated real-time so there are many instances of guests finding availability in a park that is showing as full in the calendar. Unfortunately that is about the only way to truly know.

I would also recommend following here and the News thread on the News and Rumor board as it’s often posted in those places if bulk amounts of new reservations open up.

I hope this helps.
Thank you!

Hi!

back after 4 years!

it looks like Epcot is the only park available until mid July.

worth it with a 2/7 year old with the 2 year old being obsessed with princesses and Winnie the Pooh?

Are there ever more ressies released like cancellations?

if there is a place I can get this info .... 👍👍
I would wait until after the global pandemic is over. July may be too soon.

My friend (fellow DISer) has been able to snag park passes after they were supposedly all gone. When her DD decided to join her last minute on one trip (I think that was March), she was even able to get a pass for MK while on the ME on their way to the resort! People do change their plans last minute even in the pandemic world apparently. I would keep trying to get a pass until the last minute, but I would count on using the park hopping idea mentioned above. I'm going next weekend, and when the mask requirement outside was dropped last week, I did see park availability open up late that night at all parks, but the passes were gone really quickly. Disney may continue to increase capacity over the coming weeks (hopefully not without opening more attractions/restaurants) so more passes may become available. I hope you have a great trip...so fun when the kids are little!

I would not recommend booking something unless you want to do the park hopping method—there was recently a large release of reservations for June and July but it filled up, so seems unlikely there will be another big round of availability for that time period. Also, you would be within 60 days (which is when people can make dining reservations), so there would not be much to choose from on dining either (unlike in the old days, you don’t see a lot of cancellations on dining any more because dining options are so limited and QS mobile order can be tricky).

These days, last minute trips are not as easy as they once were—we used to love planning last minute but post-covid we plan at least 3 months ahead.

Yes if we go, will park hop. 👍👍
I’m not looking to expect much just get out...

I’ve done the full out months long planning... this would be a stop by as part of a visit to another place nearby.

so even if it says full... if I have a park hopper, check in to my first park, I can check into the next park by 2?

what if I only check into first park at 1pm?
You may tap in at your reserved park at any time. The only rule is that you must tap in at the reserved park before hopping to another park. You could tap #1 at 1:30pm and leave immediately to hop to #2. Or do #1 at 3pm then hop at 5pm.

Hi!
Im going to get park hoppers... because...

And as the days go on, I see that the “today” reservations have shown all parks open for reservations the last 3 days.
If I have Epcot reserved and the day of magic kingdom opens up, how do I just switch? Can I just switch?
Thanks!!

Hi!
Im going to get park hoppers... because...

And as the days go on, I see that the “today” reservations have shown all parks open for reservations the last 3 days.
If I have Epcot reserved and the day of magic kingdom opens up, how do I just switch? Can I just switch?
Thanks!!

Yes. Cancel Epcot and pick up MK. You must cancel before searching for a new reservation.

SOOOO thankful to see this. From booking last week to getting my intinerary up (booked Swan and it takes a few days to show up)...MK is ONLY available the LAST ding dong day of our trip!! I FEEL it will work out but it stresses me!!! I would forego the other parks to be in MK!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter