Park Capacity on Jan 2

disney longhorn

Mouseketeer
Help!! :scared1: In panic mode, though there is nothing I can do. We will not reach DL area until around 3pm (plane lands around 1pm). What can we expect as far as entry into the park? Any ideas if it will be at capacity? Also, do both reach capacity or is it primarily DL park and not CA? We have park hoppers that must be validated that day. If at capacity, do you just keep trying to return?

I am not worried about the other days as we will go in early, but the 2nd bothers me b/c it is a holiday.

We are totally new to DL and new to the concept of park closures related to capacity crowds. My 5 yo DD will have a cow :earseek: if we were denied entrance (as will I!!). We don't expect to get to do much, but we do want to get our feet wet and see last of Christmas decor and parade before there departure.

Any experiences would be appreciated. :wave2:

Hi there, fellow Longhorn fan and Disney Lover!!! Are you going for the Rose Bowl? We're flying out Thursday morning and I'm waaay past panic mode - I feel soooo unprepared.... Have a great time!

myAAbatteries&aTD said:
Hi there, fellow Longhorn fan and Disney Lover!!! Are you going for the Rose Bowl? We're flying out Thursday morning and I'm waaay past panic mode - I feel soooo unprepared.... Have a great time!

:wave2: Greetings AAbatteries. Yes, we are one of the few lucky ones to get tickets to the game and can't wait. We leave out on Monday, so I hope to get it together over the weekend. We did preliminary pack last night, but the list of to do's is very long.

Currently, I am more paranoid about this Disney stuff than the game. I can't even think about it at this point until I know that we are going to be able to get in to the park. Can you scalp a Disney admission? :rotfl: :rotfl: I am that desperate. I even emailed Disney to ask them what to do. :rolleyes:

I hope that the closures due to capacity limits is not a common occurrence and more the exception to the rule. ugh!!! I hate the unknown.

Hook 'em

Unfortunately, capacity closures have been a common occurence for the last couple of weeks. I am sure that you will be able to get into DCA no problem any of the days. Most of the local schools around here are out the entire first week of January, so I would expect it to remain crowded. The best thing to do is, like you said, get there early and stay there. It also normally reopens at some point. Have fun!

In some ways, I think it may be a good thing to not go if it is closed because that means it is insane inside.

We were at DL on Dec. 17th and they told us that it was at capacity and that we could go in if we already had tickets in our possession. Otherwise if we were purchasing our tickets that day we had to go to DCA.

nursemelis374 said:
Unfortunately, capacity closures have been a common occurence for the last couple of weeks. I am sure that you will be able to get into DCA no problem any of the days. Most of the local schools around here are out the entire first week of January, so I would expect it to remain crowded. The best thing to do is, like you said, get there early and stay there. It also normally reopens at some point. Have fun!

In some ways, I think it may be a good thing to not go if it is closed because that means it is insane inside.

Thank you nursemelis for the input. The main day that I am worried about is the second b/c our passes must be "first used" that day. Our flight doesn't arrive until early afternoon which will put us in the parks around 3-4pm.

Any idea when we should try to go over? There are two parades that afternoon -- one at 3 and the christmas at 5? I was hoping to get in around 3, but do you think after 5 would be better?

Thanks for any guidance. :wave2:

Greenmom said:
We were at DL on Dec. 17th and they told us that it was at capacity and that we could go in if we already had tickets in our possession. Otherwise if we were purchasing our tickets that day we had to go to DCA.

Thank you Greenmom. I have tickets in-hand so I hope that this is our experience as well. :)

Even on that one day earlier this year when the DL was closed, DCA did not reach it's attendance cap, so you can always go over there. If you've never been DCA is a lot of fun. There will be 2 parades on the 2nd and the new Monsters Inc ride will probably be running the soft opening. There's also Soarin', California Screamin' and Tower of Terror to keep you busy. The Aladdin show is wonderful and if you've got little ones both Playhouse Disney and Muppets 3D are great fun.

Thanks to everyone for the input. :goodvibes

It sounds as if we will be able to get into CA at the very least, and maybe with lots of luck, DL. I was hoping to be able to see the Christmas parade, but we shall see.

I also definitely want to see the Electric Parade. As long as we can get into one park, I will be happy. We will make Plan A (DL) and a Plan B (CA) and see what happens.

My anxiety level has decreased significantly. Thanks everyone. :love2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter