Park closing times: What actually closes?

Shops and rides would normally stay open until close but in my experience only at MK. Love to stay behind after park closes to take pictures around the castle and other locations were normally there's lots of crowds during the evening.

Last year, I made a point to watch Illuminations all the way at the back of World Showcase. We were in front of Japan. After it was over, we headed through the US and on around, taking out time. Nothing was open, but there was hardly anyone around and it was beautiful! When we got out, there was only a tiny line left for the bus. I highly recommend it!

I'd just like to add that just because you can doesn't mean you should. CM's are not going to throw you out, but, there is something that many people don't think about. CM's are working, you are on vacation (holiday). They have families that they would like to spend time with, you have yours with you usually. They have to be back in the next day, not to have a good time, but, to be on their feet all day following "guests" that are messing up the displays and they have to fix it. You are having a good time and do not HAVE to be back there at any set time other then the one you personally set. They do expect to have to stay for a while and the buses, etc. run for about an hour after the park closes, but, that doesn't mean that you have to stay right there until the last peddle has dropped off the flower. Have a little courtesy and do not stay any longer then necessary to do some additional shopping. You want to show your gratitude to the hard working CM's, let them go home and rest so they can be back the next day recharged and ready to help you. In the words of Forrest Gump... "that's all I have to say about that".
CMs are paid and scheduled to be there beyond park closing. Yes, CMs deserve all the courtesy and gratitude in the world IMO - I would not want to deal with many of the people who visit WDW. But Disney knows people want to shop after park closing and will schedule people accordingly. They're expecting it. No one here is advocating for staying until 1:00 AM just because they think they can.

CMs are paid and scheduled to be there beyond park closing. Yes, CMs deserve all the courtesy and gratitude in the world IMO - I would not want to deal with many of the people who visit WDW. But Disney knows people want to shop after park closing and will schedule people accordingly. They're expecting it. No one here is advocating for staying until 1:00 AM just because they think they can.
I was talking about being within reason as well. That would be an hour because that is when the advertise that the buses run (even though they will run until everyone is out). Just as long as people use common sense and courtesy there is no problem. No one here is advocating staying beyond that, but, many would if they could. Also, if you're not going to buy anything, why are there people that just wander around the stores stopping them from closing up.

Besides the policy that they will stay open is for the benefit of a giant corporation. I am talking about the people that create the magic, not the merchandise that can be sold as many linger behind for no other reason then because they can.

Let me ask you all a question :scratchin. Like maybe six or seven years ago, did most of the shops and countries in WS used to stay open during PM EMH? We did Epcot EMH in 2016 and right after Illuminations everybody started closing up shop. It was disappointing :(. I thought I remembered from earlier trips still being able to get a cocktail :drinking1 and peruse the shops from 9-11pm.

Last edited:

Let me ask you all a question :scratchin. Like maybe six or seven years ago, did most of the shops and countries in WS used to stay open during PM EMH? We did Epcot EMH in 2016 and right after Illuminations everybody started closing up shop. It was disappointing :(. I thought I remembered from earlier trips still being able to get a cocktail :drinking1 and peruse the shops from 9-11pm.
I never remember anything in WS staying open for EMH. We've actually had CMs turn us away at the bridge and tell us that WS is not included in EMH, only Future World. Maybe you happen to be there on one of those unusual late closes.... like during Food and Wine when they are open till 10p?
They are very quick to lock all the doors in WS precisely at 9p.

I have NEVER been to a PM EMH at World Showcase(as recently as January) where ANY Country was completely closed.

Some shops,restaurants,kiosks may not remain open or close before the end of PM EMH,but ALL 11 Countries remain open to some degree.:)

I never remember anything in WS staying open for EMH. We've actually had CMs turn us away at the bridge and tell us that WS is not included in EMH, only Future World. Maybe you happen to be there on one of those unusual late closes.... like during Food and Wine when they are open till 10p?
They are very quick to lock all the doors in WS precisely at 9p.
The question is about PM EMH.:)

I have NEVER been to a PM EMH at World Showcase(as recently as January) where ANY Country was completely closed.

Some shops,restaurants,kiosks may not remain open or close before the end of PM EMH,but ALL 11 Countries remain open to some degree.:)
Maybe it's changed since the last time we went to PM EMH?? But last year we were stopped?! Maybe the CM was just trying to communicate that the shops were closed??

I never remember anything in WS staying open for EMH. We've actually had CMs turn us away at the bridge and tell us that WS is not included in EMH, only Future World...

Maybe it's changed since the last time we went to PM EMH?? But last year we were stopped?! Maybe the CM was just trying to communicate that the shops were closed??

Nothing major has changed.
As to which WS shops and restaurants are closed and/or what time they may close can vary, but...
Even if some of WS shops and/or restaurants were closed for PM EMH,
the rides in World Showcase's Mexico and Noway, the O Canada film, and the American Adventure presentation are a part of PM EMH.

Last edited:

Nothing major has changed.
As to which WS shops and restaurants are closed and/or what time they may close can vary, but...
Even if some of WS shops and/or restaurants were closed for PM EMH,
the rides in World Showcase's Mexico and Noway, the O Canada film, and the American Adventure presentation are a part of PM EMH.

The countries weren't closed per se; you could still walk around WS but just about every store and kiosk closed except perhaps the things that Robo mentioned. I think the only kiosk I remember being open was the one in front of America. I can't say for sure but it's possible that I was at F&W during EMH when I'm remembering things being open late. At Epcot we always do FW in the AM and then WS in afternoon into the night. So Epcot PM EMH doesn't hold much appeal any more even though it's my favorite park at night.

The countries weren't closed per se; you could still walk around WS but just about every store and kiosk closed

What all stores specifically were closed?

We've always found all the stores in United Kingdom,all the stores in France,all the stores in Morocco,the store in America Adventure,all the stores in Germany,all the stores in Italy,all the stores in Norway and all the stores in Mexico to remain open as well as FEA,Anna/Elsa Meet,Canada Movie,Mexico ride and several showings of The American Adventure.

Some restaurants and kiosks do not remain open or close before the end of PM EMH(but many do stay open-we always get Fish and Chips at Yorkshire during PM EMH-ymmmm!) and the huge stores in China and Japan sometimes do not remain open or will close at 10:00 PM,but we have never experienced "just about every store" being closed.

Thanks!:)

Last edited:
Yes, I know! ;)
We tried once to walk back to WS at about 10:15pm during PM EMH and were turned away at the bridge.

Even if there wasn't a PM EMH in WS(which of course there is)how did the CM think Crescent Lake Resorts PM EMH Guests were supposed to Return to their Resorts when leaving Future World?

Last edited:
Even if there wasn't a PM EMH in WS(which of course there is)how did the CM think Crescent Lake Resorts PM EMH Guests were supposed to Return to their Resorts when leaving Future World?
Sorry, maybe I didn't specify..... we were stopped at the bridge going over to France. Not down towards the Gateway. ;)
We actually were able to walk through Canada and the UK areas, but shops were closed.

We actually were able to walk through Canada and the UK areas, but shops were closed.
WoW!

That is awful that they have ended PM EMH in World Showcase!

We always LOVED touring WS then!

I'll start a Thread and see if anybody knows why they discontinued it.

Thanks for the info!:)

Awesome info!:)

There is info from Posters in another Thread that there would have been an announcement if PM EMH at World Showcase had been ended-that it is still rolling along.

They also posted the current list of attractions.
Advanced Training Lab

Great to know we can still get our "Post IllumiNations PM EMH Fish and Chips" at Yorkshire next month!:)

We just LOVE PM EMH at the 'Case-it is the BEST time to talk to the ICPs in the Stores about their Countries-they usually aren't busy and they are so much FUN!

The ICPs Bring the WORLD to WORLD Showcase!:)

I found an old PM EMH Times Guide for Epcot I thought Guests who have never been to PM EMH at Epcot may like to see.

It is just to give a basic "idea" of what all is open,BUT DON"T GO BY IT-TOO OLD!.:)

It is a shame that they stopped printing EMH Times Guides several years ago.

14117712515_406f0807e7_c.jpg

14094550576_c560d794bf_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter