Park day after debarkation, how to get Genie+?

ambula603

Mouseketeer
We plan to head directly to Magic Kingdom as soon as we get off the ship. My question concerns the internet - if I don't plan to buy an internet package, will I be able to do anything online (like purchasing Genie+ or ILL) at 7:00 on debarkation day? We will have a WDW room reservation for that night, if that matters. I read you can book at 7 if you have a room but I don't know if that is a room before or after your park day.

I am still undecided if I even need to buy it for our MK day, so any suggestions on that are welcome, as well. We hope to arrive in the park by noon so we don't have a full day there. Should I wait to buy Genie+ after I see wait times on my app or try to get it at 7 if I can get online?

Thanks in advance!

Do online check in for your resort.
You should be able to do Genie+ from the ship as you should be using your data plan at that point.

The ship is often tied up before 7, but they have to be cleared before they can begin letting guests off. Unless something unusual happens to the schedule using your phone data should not be a problem.

7 am is for everybody, room or not, as long as you have a park reservation.
Purchasing Genie+ and getting Lightning Lanes starts at 7 am for Disney Resort guests (in the park) and 9 am for those off-site (not in the park). There must be some sort of mechanism for Genie+ to know you are physically in the park vs. at Motel 6 making reservations for LL. Better call GS.

When can individual Lightning Lane attractions be booked?

Guests staying at a Walt Disney World resort hotel are able to purchase and schedule the first individual Lightning Lane attraction at 7 am, ahead of off-site guests, who can do so when the park opens.

Guests staying at a Walt Disney World resort hotel are able to purchase and schedule the first individual Lightning Lane attraction at 7 am, ahead of off-site guests, who can do so when the park opens.

Don't forget that this is for INDIVIDUAL lightning lane purchases not just regular Genie+. If you are doing regular genie+ you don't have to worry as much about the 7 AM open time.

We had friends staying at a resort last week and their first day of arrival they couldn't see anything to purchase until 9AM since they weren't checked into the resort yet. I think its only once you've checked in that the 7 AM timing applies.

Purchasing Genie+ and getting Lightning Lanes starts at 7 am for Disney Resort guests (in the park) and 9 am for those off-site (not in the park). There must be some sort of mechanism for Genie+ to know you are physically in the park vs. at Motel 6 making reservations for LL. Better call GS.

Then there was a major glitch on Tues. I live in Orlando and it worked from my house at 7:00 am.
I have an AP..

We updated the app on my wifes phone before the cruise, left mine un-updated in case there were issues. We set an alarm on debarkation day . With airplane mode turned off, she was able to connect to a verizon tower from our balcony as we were already docked. We spent a bit of time in Epcot before our room was ready. Don't forget to set up your mobile ordering on the trip from the port to WDW or on your way to the park.

I had an oceanview stateroom (no balcony) on my cruise a few days ago and was able to use cellular data in my stateroom as soon as I woke up on debarkation morning, which was about 5am. We weren't docked yet, but we were right next to Miami, sailing to the docking point. No shortage of cell towers around Miami I assume. Port Canaveral is a smaller town but probably similar. By the time you dock there you should be able to use your service. And unless your ship is running really late, you should definitely be docked by 7am.

The fantasy docked around 5:00 a couple weeks ago in port canaveral. We had an aft cabin and were woken up as soon as the docking process started!

Purchasing Genie+ and getting Lightning Lanes starts at 7 am for Disney Resort guests (in the park) and 9 am for those off-site (not in the park).
Genie+ can be accessed starting at 7am for all guests. Not just onsite guests. Genie+ return times are "next available" and you don't get a choice of time.

Individual paid Lightning Lane attractions (2 per day) can be booked by onsite guests at 7am. This includes people checking into their resort later that day. Those staying offsite cannot book I$LL until the park opens. You do get to choose a time for this option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter