• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Hopper and Extended Evening Hours

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hey! We have rented through DVC rentals and will be staying at Kidani Village, so if I'm reading everything correctly, we're entitled to the Extra Evening Hours at Epcot and MK, right? We have 2 day park hopper passes and the plan for day 1 is to do HS in the morning, then head to Epcot and for day 2 is to start at MK, head to AK, break mid-day, and then head back to MK for the extended hours. Does this all work or am I missing something? We have a park reservation for Hollywood Studios on the first day and Magic Kingdom on the second. Thanks so much!

Assuming you know the extended hours for EP are Mondays and MK are Wednesdays, your plans sound quite workable. The park reservations are good for the park you plan to start in, of course. Day 2 sounds tight if you plan to start at MK, head to AK (remember, you can only hop after 2PM), then a break, and then back to MK for extended hours. But you can certainly make that happen, especially if the extended MK hours are until 11PM/Midnight timeframe! Enjoy and have fun! We love Kidani - hope you do, too!

It should be fine-you might want to check hours of the MK that day beforehand. We did a midday break ( swim and rest) and then headed to MK for EEH and we had no problems.

Other than your "midday" break after AK being closer to dinner time (unless you only want an hour at AK?), that plan works, as long as the days of the week line up with the EEH.

Assuming you know the extended hours for EP are Mondays and MK are Wednesdays, your plans sound quite workable. The park reservations are good for the park you plan to start in, of course. Day 2 sounds tight if you plan to start at MK, head to AK (remember, you can only hop after 2PM), then a break, and then back to MK for extended hours. But you can certainly make that happen, especially if the extended MK hours are until 11PM/Midnight timeframe! Enjoy and have fun! We love Kidani - hope you do, too!
It isn't always Epcot on Monday and Magic Kingdom on Wednesday for Extended Evening hours. They've already announced two weeks in February where MK is on a Tuesday.
1671216278728.png

I was told by Disney that we can have park reservations at HS with a hopper ticket and go to MK extended evening hours that day as long as park hopper is not cancelled that day…. But what you all are saying has me worried this is not true. I know I didn’t rent these dvc points for nothing 😩

I was told by Disney that we can have park reservations at HS with a hopper ticket and go to MK extended evening hours that day as long as park hopper is not cancelled that day…. But what you all are saying has me worried this is not true. I know I didn’t rent these dvc points for nothing 😩
You absolutely can do that.

All we are saying is that Extended Evening Hours are not every night. Did you check the schedule?

You absolutely can do that.

All we are saying is that Extended Evening Hours are not every night. Did you check the schedule?
Yep you all were right! Thank you! In case anybody else looking for the same info comes across this, I’ll clarify my experience. We stayed at okw in order to benefit for the extended park hours for certain resort guests (list is in Disney website, they specifiy which resorts in the extended hours links so read there). The extended hours even with a 4 year old were sooo worth it! We got more done in those 2-4 hours than an entire day in the park.

During extended hours, they did not really kick anybody out of the park but most people left if they were not appplicable because they mostly could not get on any rides. Their bands/park tickets would not work. If you have a reservation or rent points, your magic band will work. In my case, my mom came with us and stayed in the resort with us but was not on our hotel reservation because she decided to come after I booked. We were still able to get in and she was able to go on the rides with us during extended hours still. I did have a magic band and here park reservation was linked to my band so it all worked out. They would just scan my band, ask me how many in my party, instead of scanning all of us individually like usual. There were some people still trying to get on rides that did not have the resort reservation and for the busy rides they would be turned away. The only ride I saw the Disney worker let them on was it’s a small world which we were literally the only other people on the ride. Busy rides, if you didn’t have a resort reservation linked to their magic band or phone, they were turning them away.

Also, you can do the park hopper. Your reservation does not have to be in the park with extended hours so long as you have park hopper!

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter