Park hopper pass question

ErinInCT

Someday my tag will come...
Hi, I am planning a 5 night, 6 day trip to WDW in Sept. I will be arriving around 11am & am considering going to MK the 1st day for the nighttime parade & fireworks. I will probably get to the park around 5pm. On the last day we may run back to MK one last time, maybe a character breakfast or something & leave the park by noon. What I am wondering is this:
Does the 5 day pass start from the day or the time?
i.e. Would it be for Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs & I could not use it on Fri am?
or Would it be from Sun at 5pm to Fri at 5pm allowing it to be used for 6 "days" but only 5 "24 hr periods"?
I hope I am not making this more confusing then it has to be!
I hate to buy admission for a 2 - 3hr visit to the park!!
Thanks!
Erin

as far as i know it goes from day to day (mon, tues, etc) becuase we had the same problem our last trip but we didnt want to waste a day for just the fireworks show.

The 5 day pass is by days and you have the choice when the 5 days begins. If you are leaving WDW by noon on Friday, I would try to shoot for Sunday through Thursday as park days.

One alternative is to get a 4 day pass (1 park per day) and spend the first and last partial days at Downtown Disney.

If you have a regular 5 day park hopper, your days don't "start", per se.

It's 5 days of your choosing. They do not have to be consecutive days. So you could use 4 days, and if you don't get back for 20 years ( :hyper: ) you'd still have one day left that you could use.

If you have an Ultimate Park Hopper, then your pass would begin as soon as you check in until midnight on the day you check out.

They don't start at a time. You have 5 days to use, whenever. However, if you only want to go in for the fireworks and parade and say you go in at 6pm. That is one day. you have used one day of the 5 day park hopper. Hope all of this helps.

Make sure you understand the difference between park-hopper (PH), park-hopper-plus (PHP) and ultimate-park-hopper (UPH). It appears that you're talking about the UPH, which is only available to resort guests. It is usually activated on your check-in day and expires at midnight on your check-out day. On the basis of your stay, your UPH would be a "6-day/5-night" pass and you would be able to use it from the time you arrive to the time you leave.

Alternatively, the PH and PHP have a fixed number of days. In order to do what you've suggested, you'd need to purchase a 6-day PHP (they don't sell 6-day PH) or combine a 5-day PH with a 1-day/1-park ticket. Finally, you could give up on going to the theme parks Sunday or Friday and just get a 5-day PH or PHP.

You need to determine what else you'll be doing while at WDW. If you will only be going to the theme parks and NOT going to any of the water parks, pleasure island or disney quest, then you would probably be better off buying a simple PH. Costs as follows (according to allearsnet.com, adult prices shown)

6-day/5-night UPH - $310.98
6-day PHP - $295.02
5-day PH & 1-day/1-park combo - $286.49
5-day PHP - $263.07
5-day PH - $231.11

The biggest advantage with the UPH is that you have the most flexibility. If you want to go to Typhoon Lagoon in the morning and Epcot in the evening, you can without feeling that you're "wasting" one of your days on a few hours in one of the theme parks.

Hope this helps. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter