Park Hopper+ Value??

MVPSim

Earning My Ears
My family and I want to buy a 3 day theme park pass but also want to go to 1 Disney waterpark. I looked at the cost of the regular 3 day pass vs. the 3 day + waterpark pass and the price difference is about $76-$78pp while the cost of the waterpark is $50-$55pp. I can't seem to see the value in buying the 3 day pass + waterpark unless I am missing something?

Can someone pls give me some insight?

Thanks!

My family and I want to buy a 3 day theme park pass but also want to go to 1 Disney waterpark. I looked at the cost of the regular 3 day pass vs. the 3 day + waterpark pass and the price difference is about $76-$78pp while the cost of the waterpark is $50-$55pp. I can't seem to see the value in buying the 3 day pass + waterpark unless I am missing something?

Thanks!

Typically the +Waterpark addon requires 2 or more water park visits to save money over buying separate water park admissions.

A 3 day ticket + waterparks would technically give you 3 park days + 3 water park visits, but if you are only able to use 1 water park day I'd get that admission separately.

Thanks!
A 3-day water parks and sports ticket entitles you to three theme park days and three water parks and sports visits. If you're only doing one water park day and no other pluses, it is indeed cheaper to buy the theme park ticket and water park ticket separately. But you don't save much buying them separately. I don't know where you saw the $50-55 price. The Disneyworld website price for a water park ticket that I saw is $64 plus tax. That compares to $70 plus tax for the water parks and sports option.

3-day 1-park pass gives you 3 theme park days

3-day watersports gives up you 3 theme park days plus 3 ‘extra’ visit which can include water park, golf, mini-golf, foot golf, espn, etc.

if you only want 1 water park day, the watersports ticket is probably not the best value for you, but if you would do multiple water parks days or golf or another extra activity, then it could be a deal.

A 3-day water parks and sports ticket entitles you to three theme park days and three water parks and sports visits. If you're only doing one water park day and no other pluses, it is indeed cheaper to buy the theme park ticket and water park ticket separately. But you don't save much buying them separately. I don't know where you saw the $50-55 price. The Disneyworld website price for a water park ticket that I saw is $64 plus tax. That compares to $70 plus tax for the water parks and sports option.
Let me add that the $64 plus tax price is if you are not going during a blockout period. If you are going during a blockout period, it costs $74 plus tax. The blockout period is the Memorial Day weekend until late September.

The thread title states “park hopper +” but the first post only suggests a “base ticket (1 park per day) plus the water parks and sports” option. The wp&s option does not necessarily include hopping unless you buy that as well.

The water parks & sports add-on allows you 3 entries to not only the water park but also mini-golf, footgolf and/or a 9-hole golf course. Any combination of 1 of those items along with a water park visit will probably reach “value” of the ticket. But do your research. And $50-$55 is an outdated water park ticket price. As PP notes, current price is $64 or $74 (+tax) depending on date.

The thread title may say Park Hopper +, but the difference in price between a 3-day "Park Hopper" and a "Park Hopper+" is not in the $70 plus tax range. It's only $20 plus tax. If you are buying the Park Hopper and want to add a water park day, by all means add the "+" rather than buy a separate ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter