park hopping and park reservations?

mathgeek

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I can't find it. I'm planning to go to Universal for one day during a trip to WDW. Do I need to make a park reservation like I do at WDW since I have a date based ticket? Also, is park hopping time restricted the way it is at WDW? I can plan a WDW trip in my sleep, but this will be my first time to Universal, and tbh, I'm really only going to do the Hogwarts stuff.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I can't find it. I'm planning to go to Universal for one day during a trip to WDW. Do I need to make a park reservation like I do at WDW since I have a date based ticket? Also, is park hopping time restricted the way it is at WDW? I can plan a WDW in my sleep, but this will be my first time to Universal, and tbh, I'm really only going to do the Hogwarts stuff.

Thanks!
For Disney park reservations required.
Universal Studios Florida or Universal Islands Adventures I don't think reservation are needed just a valid admission required only. If you want to ride the Harry Potter train you'll need either park to park ticket or an Universal 2 or 3 park Explorer ticket. If you have a ticket choice of one park them you won't be able to ride the Harry Potter train unfortunately.
I don't think times matter in Universal for park hopping.

No park ressies and no hopping restrictions if you have a park to park ticket.
Be sure to ride the Hogwarts express both ways. It’s different.

For Disney park reservations required.
Universal Studios Florida or Universal Islands Adventures I don't think reservation are needed just a valid admission required only. If you want to ride the Harry Potter train you'll need either park to park ticket or an Universal 2 or 3 park Explorer ticket. If you have a ticket choice of one park them you won't be able to ride the Harry Potter train unfortunately.
I don't think times matter in Universal for park hopping.
I have a one-day park-to-park ticket. I'll be sure to ride the train in both directions!

I have a WDW AP and all of my park ressies (and dining and everything else) are made. Planning for this one day at Universal is throwing me off though. Thanks for the help! :)

I have a one-day park-to-park ticket. I'll be sure to ride the train in both directions!

I have a WDW AP and all of my park ressies (and dining and everything else) are made. Planning for this one day at Universal is throwing me off though. Thanks for the help! :)
In the Universal Studios Florida park they have a show the blues brothers and if you are a fanatic of blues brothers them this show is not to be missed.
There's also a parade called Universal's Superstar Parade.
There's lot's of great rides too slow, dark, thrill or family type of rides.

This, my friend, is the beauty of Universal.

We literally flew down for about 14 hours on Universal property for my 50th birthday several months ago and it was productive, spontaneous, memorable and fun-filled all in one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter