Park Hours for November

bartoscowabunga

Mouseketeer
I just checked the park hours for November. They are now 9-5 for IOA and US. We are going early November for three days. Do you think with the reduced hours that we will easily see everything. We are staying on site. Also, Sea World is open from 9-6 and we are planning 2 half days (one on a Saturday). Do you think we will see everything here? Busch Gardens is open from 10-6 on a Saturday. Is this enought time to see everything in one day?

Eventually, they will be open fifteen minutes daily, between 11:45 and noon....

They don't get it. We are booked for November 3-7 and are now considering not going at all. The shorter they make the days due to low attendance, the less people will show up. It's just not right, I tell ya.....

AF

When we went in October we left every night at 5:30 before the Halloween stuff began. If you come early enough you should be more than capable of getting everything done by 5.

Where did the see the latest hours? Will they open later at Thanksgiving? It will be busier, and I think 5 will be too early!

well we did not pay in advance for these hours. We are there in nov to get married and our honeymoon is going to be ruined at thus rate. we're paying over£3000.00 and not gonna get much for it it seems disney and universal want to get their finger out and think of all nthe money we have given them on previous occasions!!!
Paula

ps I hope someone in charge reads this-there are a LOT of brits still coming to support you all

I just looked at the hours for universal and they are 9 to 6 thru november with 5:30 for studios on HHN nights. Where did you find 9 to 5 hours????:confused:

Great...we usually stick around on weekends until the parks close and then since it's getting late (ie, around 7) we wind up having dinner somewhere on Citywalk. Now with the parks closing at 5:00 we can make it home for dinner and save some money that would have otherwise found it's way into Universal's pocket!

I really don't know what they are thinking (or maybe they're not thinking)...7:00pm on the day after Thanksgiving?!? I know for a fact that the HRH is SOLD OUT this weekend and the PBH is nearly sold out, yet IOA is still closing at 6:00.

No, Universal definately does not get it. They really do not care about their customers. I called three weeks ago to inquire about the possibility of cancelling our reservation for Thanksgiving week at the HRH and was told that we would have until October 11 to make a final decision and not lose our full deposits of $50.00 per person. I was told that they understood that alot of people had concerns because of the ongoing threats around the country.

After hearing about all of the cutbacks, and because of concerns about being in Universal on Thanksgiving with everything going on, we decided it was not worth going at this time so we called to cancel and go later in the Spring...you guessed it, they refused to honor what they had told us earlier and took our deposits.

Whatever you do, do not listen to what the reservation agents tell you when you call. Make sure that you get it in writing via fax, because these are obvioulsy not honorable people. When we do take our trip it will be to Disney once again, and not to Universal. Obviously it is not just their staff that they are treating poorly with all of the cutbacks!

I called AAA to see if we could get our money back on our universal tickets, and they said they were not refundable either. We are contemplating whether to go or not too. American Airlines said we would loose our money too. You would think, that Airline for sure could understand why we might not want to use them.... Now HRH told me when I booked it several months ago, as long as I cancel at least 5 days out, I would not be charged. But I guess I can't rely on that either. It looks like if these companies want our future business, that would be more flexible.

It doesn't matter the hours, we're going anyway !!!:bounce:
If later hours are so very important, make sure your trip is in the dead heat of the Florida summer !!!!!

Originally posted by Seahag
It doesn't matter the hours, we're going anyway !!!:bounce:
If later hours are so very important, make sure your trip is in the dead heat of the Florida summer !!!!!

that's right Seahag we who live in orlando go in the heat and during the slow season short hours. we do it all under all conditions. :D :p

I agree with seahag, an hour or two won't make or break or vacation. I feel lucky to be going at all!

Sherry,

I was able to get a complete refund on my airfare from Delta even though they originally told me that I could not. I kept checking on the flight schedules and it turned out that they changed the flights due to cancellations. (There are alot of people worried about being in Orlando over Thanksgiving) When they do that, if the flight is at least 15 minutes different from the originally scheduled flight they have to refund your full fare. I called Delta today and received a full refund! Keep checking on your flights and if they change, which they most likely will due to all of the people cancelling on Orlando flights, they have to refund all of your money.

Good Luck!

Gordon,

Just wondering...why is it that people don't want to be in Orlando at Thanksgiving?
Did I miss something?:confused:

Sue

You guys just keep canceling, that will leave uninterupted MIB training for me

BTW IOA was open until 7:00 10/13:smooth:

Sue,

With the kind of wackos that these people obviously are and the fact that they seem to want high profile targets I think people are right to be concerned. Maybe we are just over-reacting, but I would rather not take the chance for myself and my family. All I know is that it is really tough to get used to this "new world" at the moment. The news shows have all talked about the possible danger to the parks, and even speculated that the cropduster plots could have involved a plan for them. I just do not feel right about going right now...I'd rather see things calm down for awhile and let security systems get put in place fully and proven out. I mean we are just hearing now that they are still not even screening luggage that is being put onto our airplanes...you don't see that in Israel...they know what security measures need to be taken...I know that we will put the needed security in place, but I would rather wait until our Government has had enough time to properly react and put things in place.

Gordon,

Ok...I'm sorry you had to cancel your plans! I just didn't know if you were speaking "in general" terms or if you knew of something specific to Orlando. I know we are probably taking a big risk going at Thanksgiving time--but, we are going to go.

I guess, I am one of those who thinks...if it's my time...then it's my time and there's nothing I can do about it! Probably nuts I know! I guess I have to be in denial a bit because my husband has to travel weekly for business. We are just trying to keep it "normal" for our 2 kids--they are really looking forward to this trip.

I hope all of this madness stops soon--it's making a lot of people very fearful of things that they normal would enjoy. Good luck to you...hope you make it on your trip soon

Sue:)

You might have noticed this...

*Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are open 365 days a year. All hours are subject to change without notice. Check the in-park map during your visit for updates.

IOA is again open till 7:00 pm 10/20. can you say normal is now returning to orlando;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter