park hours

29apr00

Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!
Does DL post park hours 6 months in advance like WDW does? I checked the website and it only had hours for July and August.

Thanks!

Does DL post park hours 6 months in advance like WDW does? I checked the website and it only had hours for July and August.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, "NO":confused3!!! You can usually count on about 6 weeks out posted(sometimes more)--it's maddening!!!

6 weeks!?!?!?! Oh my goodness!! and here I am stressing about dining plans when we won't even know what park to be in!! Gotta say.....not enjoying planning the DL vacation as much as the WDW trips! :crazy2:

I feel like planning a DLR trip is a whole different animal. Everything's much closer, so bouncing from park to park to resort is a matter of minutes. So not knowing which park you'll be in won't greatly impact travel time to/from dining reservations and whatnot.

Disneyland is so much less stress than WDW. You dont got to plan where you will eat 6 months ahead. Heck most places you can call day or or day before and get in no problem. Id only plan those few you need reservations like Blue Bayau and do them the others make reservation when you got things firmed up. I dont think you can make food reservations until 60 days out anyway.

oh I been to WDW 6 times now and DIsneyland probably at least 30 to 40 times so I understand that "planning" thing. Disneyland is a way different vacation than WDW.

Don't worry which park you'll be in. All restaurants are walking distance from both parks.

I think her concern is restraunts that are actually IN the parks. OP, I'm guessing you aren't getting Park Hoppers, because if you were, it would bot matter at all about park schedules as the parks and hotels are all within 10 minutes walking distance.

The park hours rarely change from year to year so if you google disneyland park hours you will probably see dates/times from years past.

Check out this link to the historic park hours by year compiled by Hydroguy, it should give you a general idea:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520483

It's located up in the newbie planning stickies at the top of this thread under Hydroguys Tips Compilations.

If you havent already read it, I would really recommend you check out another of Hydroguys great threads called DLR for WDW Vets:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

and relax.... DLR does not need to be as intense a planning experience as WDW and that can be a good thing!
Hope that helps!

Also, as far as dining reservations Disney Dining will have the hours of the restauraunts.... even though the park hours won't have been be published yet. For example I called for the Minnie and Friends Character breakfast well before park hours were published and the dining line had all the hours needed for me to make an informed reservation.

we hadn't really planned on getting the Park Hopper......that just isn't our touring style, plus we'll be dealing with Jet Lag and it's only a 4 day trip. my biggest concern is we are going for the Tinkerbell 1/2 and that is over MLK weekend, so it's going to be very busy!! Toss in the RunDisney Expo plus the race and 2 small children who won't be adjusting to the time difference very well........the more info the better.

I know it isn't your touring style at WDW, but get the park hoppers. Not having it is more like being cut off from an entire land for the day. It's so close, the distance is smaller than a parking lot at the mall. It'll be right there in visual range; you'll want full access. And if it does get super busy in one it gives the flexibility to move to the other park.

TheZue said:
I know it isn't your touring style at WDW, but get the park hoppers. Not having it is more like being cut off from an entire land for the day. It's so close, the distance is smaller than a parking lot at the mall. It'll be right there in visual range; you'll want full access. And if it does get super busy in one it gives the flexibility to move to the other park.

Yes! Please do this. Hoppers are great. We often hop between the two parks several times a day. They are right next to each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter