Park Icon - The Return of the Earful Tower?

I'm a big Sorcerer Mickey fan and find him under utilized in the parks. I'm glad there is a park that celebrates my favorite Mickey with the sorcerer hat front and center. Having said that, I agree that the stage is awful and also agree that perhaps having it at the end of the street as you walk in is not the best placement for it. I wouldn't argue if they chose to relocate it within the park. But please don't get rid of it altogether.

I know I can get beat up for this but I'm one of the few people that actually love the hat. Yes it really doesn't fit in with it's surroundings but just love the theme of the hat. If they moved it to another area with similar surroundings to compliment the hat not that many people would hate it as much

PuppyJonathan said:
I know I can get beat up for this but I'm one of the few people that actually love the hat. Yes it really doesn't fit in with it's surroundings but just love the theme of the hat. If they moved it to another area with similar surroundings to compliment the hat not that many people would hate it as much

I won't beat you up on this one. I agree the hat is unique, especially to Fantasia and Mickey. I really didn't notice it out of place as much until the pics of the blvd without it, and it just doesn't match up. I agree with moving it rather than scrapping it. Perhaps closer to Fantasmic?

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

Move it out to the parking lot. I saw MGM studios...err DHS... before the hat with Grauman's anchoring the Hollywood recreation. Hate the hat.

My main problems with the hat are twofold:

1.it was a "new policy" based off the 2000 wand at EPCOT. The original EPCOT thing was great and widely applauded... At first.

But it's approval was in a limited time... Everyone just assumed it would be brought down... Logical in 2001 or early 2002.
Well... Applause turned to loathing when they tried to "bleed it"

So in 2001... When the hat went up... And internally (emp at the time) the "at least ten years" promise was made... The reaction was "woah, woah... It only a 15 month thing". But they not only decided they had to get "legs" out of these gimmicks... You guessed it: a line of cheap crap from the Chinese express had to be rolled out to capture the " once in a lifetime iconic memories"

The hat is a legacy to bad Eisner... As is the continued employment of joe rhode.

2. The hat served no purpose... It was neither visible outside the park nor used for anything Involving the park... As sorcery in the sky was gone (still way better and missed than fantastic)

What they did do... Was put a freakin pin stand under there. And pins are another legacy to bad, greedy , stale Eisner.

My main problems with the hat are twofold:

2. The hat served no purpose... It was neither visible outside the park nor used for anything Involving the park... As sorcery in the sky was gone (still way better and missed than fantastic)

What they did do... Was put a freakin pin stand under there. And pins are another legacy to bad, greedy , stale Eisner.

I have never liked the hat for precisely this reason. The hat serves no purpose. With the other parks, the icons are a part of the park that people visit as attractions or a dining experience in the case of Cinderella's castle. Every time i see it, I cringe. The pin stand is the worst use of that space.

I'd love to see the hat disappear or it be turned into something that people could actually interact with...even a character meet and greet would be better than a pin stand!

I have never liked the hat for precisely this reason. The hat serves no purpose. With the other parks, the icons are a part of the park that people visit as attractions or a dining experience in the case of Cinderella's castle. Every time i see it, I cringe. The pin stand is the worst use of that space.

I'd love to see the hat disappear or it be turned into something that people could actually interact with...even a character meet and greet would be better than a pin stand!

What's the tree for? I thought it was just for pictures?

MK - Cinderellas Castle - restaurant, apartment, bibbity bobbity boutique

AK - Tree of Life - thousands of carved animals, It's Tough to be a Bug

EP - giant golf ball (lol) - Spaceship Earth

HS - Hat - pin stand

Here is an idea for an icon...

Dust off the Epcot blueprints. Build it with a few modifications over in Studios where either LMA or Backlot is

Theme it with a large, planet destroying laser and docking space for a Star Destroyer or two

Build Star Wars land around it

Here is an idea for an icon...

Dust off the Epcot blueprints. Build it with a few modifications over in Studios where either LMA or Backlot is

Theme it with a large, planet destroying laser and docking space for a Star Destroyer or two

Build Star Wars land around it

Edit. I meant Spaceship Earth blueprints

Lame joke fail...

thegib95 said:
It's actually inside it, but under the leaves... Just a different way of wording it...

The structure itself is based of an oil drill inning platform right?

That it is

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter