Park Pass Strategy if Harmonious Debuts

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
We have a short trip in the second half of August, three park days, staying in the Epcot area, and I LOVE Epcot. I booked hoppers and made park passes at the other three parks planning to hop to Epcot in the afternoons. Now seeing the Harmonious fireworks testing I am worried that if they announce fireworks returning, they may close off Epcot to hopping. I know that has never happened yet, but with fireworks I could see them having to put in some sort of limit on hopping to prevent the guests of all four parks descending on Epcot at 2pm.

So I'm asking, if they say harmonious is coming back, should I switch one of my park passes to Epcot? I hate to lose a morning to late Epcot opening when I've only got three park days, and I'm not sure if it's safe to rely on hopping. Alternatively, I could add a fourth day to my ticket and add Epcot on arrival day but that extra day is pretty expensive, and as our flight gets in the afternoon, there's a risk our flight gets in late and we miss the fireworks anyway.

I'm almost sure they won't shut epcot out of hopping. The park has the largest capacity of the four and is designed to eat the people for events like fireworks.

I'd just wait for now.
I can't imagine them not allowing hopping to Epcot. I think there'd be a mutiny.

It's also got the most visible area for fireworks. Makes sense to start Harmonious first to drag everyone out of the other parks that have hoppers

I wouldn't change anything at this point. Nobody knows when Harmonius will open. They are still doing testing.
To date, I am not aware of any park being closed to park hopping (since it returned) due to being too crowded.

I'm similarly booked for 2x MK, 2x HS, and one AK and going to park hop to Epcot since it opens late. With park hoppers you're just picking your rope drop park and Epcot opens too late to be worth it.

For July 4th we got MK incase they do the same thing with fireworks there. If Epcot is first, we'll park hop there.

Take this with a large pinch of salt. Insiders at WDWmagic mentioned while fireworks will likely be back starting around last 2/3rd of July, Epcot will have Epcot forever first and save Harmonious for later. Also MK firework will likely start around the same time. So maybe Epcot will not be too much a demand.
All above are rumors of work in progress that could change, so again, big pinch of salt. :-)

Take this with a large pinch of salt. Insiders at WDWmagic mentioned while fireworks will likely be back starting around last 2/3rd of July, Epcot will have Epcot forever first and save Harmonious for later. Also MK firework will likely start around the same time. So maybe Epcot will not be too much a demand.
All above are rumors of work in progress that could change, so again, big pinch of salt. :-)
Well that would be nice for me as would give some time before our trip to adjust plans if needed. After all, they are surely going to resume evening shows eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter