Park Plan Advice

Grnl706

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Looking for some expert help to determine if we're on the right track for our upcoming trip in mid June. This WAS our trip from 2020 that for rescheduled twice so we are going all out for this one! I haven't been since 2002 and my husband since 1997.

For starters, we (husband and I) are going with a larger group but each group is planning their own vacation. We will be coming to Disney on 6/12 after being at Universal. We depart on a 10AM flight on 6/19 and staying at Saratoga Springs. We just made our dining reservations this week and I'm starting to really get down in the weeds on our park plan. We plan on using Genie + when needed and have 7 Day park hoppers. So far, this is what I'm thinking:

6/12 - Arrive at SSR from Universal to drop off luggage/check in; Check out DS and have lunch; Head to HS in the early evening (I was thinking of getting Genie+ this day and stacking for the evening). This is to hopefully relieve some pressure on our later, full HS day.

6/13 - AK day. Breakfast ADR at Tusker House at 8:20 AM for little brother's birthday. Doing a majority of the main rides and want to see some of the shows/performances.

6/14 - MK day. Lunch ADR at Steakhouse 71 at 1:15 PM. We didn't have a whole lot we wanted to do in MK which is why I didn't mind breaking up the day with a resort lunch.

6/15 - Slow/Rest day at the resort. Dinner ADR at Boma at 5:15 PM. Since we have a 7 day ticket, we could go back into AK since we are right there for a bit or save it for the MK evening hours if we didn't hit everything the day before.

6/16 - Epcot day. Early lunch ADR at Rose and Crown at 11:35 AM. We definitely can't fit everything we want to do in and will need another day later. The whole group will be together at this park for World Showcase and the Festival.

6/17 - HS day and my husband's birthday. Breakfast ADR at Ale and Compass at 8:00AM (specific request from my husband). Oga's ADR at 1:35 PM and Savi's Workshop reservation for the two of us at 7:45 PM.

6/18 - DS in the morning for a Brunch ADR at Chef Art Homecoming at 9:55 AM. Most likely plan is to go back into Epcot to really explore World Showcase and see the shows. The Plain White T's will be at the Garden Rock Concert and would love to see that. Need to get back to the room at a reasonable time to pack up for the morning. I don't think we would be able to make it to hop to another park.

I've been messing around with Touring Plans to get an idea how these days could theoretically go. I know things like Genie +, ILL and the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride can change things so I'm hoping this is a solid plan at it's base!

Thanks for the response but not really necessary. I think my post mentioned that I'm just looking for advice from people who have been there on our current plans. Don't see where I would need "expert, professional advice" ☺️

I think your plan sounds great. Stacking evening HS on your arrival day will be good, I think, to get all of HS done given your reservations on your HS day.

We’ll also be at Trattoria that morning, though slightly later!! This is our relaxing, stacking morning and have heard great things about their breakfast.

OP, if you haven't done this already, make your park reservations ASAP. They do sell out. I noticed that one of your days you (6/15) your plan is to go to either DAK or MK. Warning: neither park might have availability day-of or even day before or even week before . . . or month before.

In the new Park Reservations Required world, you can't just pick a park on a whim and go there that day. It could work out, but with the way things have been going lately, the odds are great that your choice of park will be sold out, particularly if that choice is MK.

All you need to do is look at the park reservation calendar for next month. There are already many dates where only one or two parks are still available, and MK is not one of them.

OP, if you haven't done this already, make your park reservations ASAP. They do sell out. I noticed that one of your days you (6/15) your plan is to go to either DAK or MK. Warning: neither park might have availability day-of or even day before or even week before . . . or month before.

In the new Park Reservations Required world, you can't just pick a park on a whim and go there that day. It could work out, but with the way things have been going lately, the odds are great that your choice of park will be sold out, particularly if that choice is MK.

All you need to do is look at the park reservation calendar for next month. There are already many dates where only one or two parks are still available, and MK is not one of them.
Thanks for the heads up!! As I'm searching I keep seeing that the park reservations can easily disappear. Once my ticket for changed to a 7 day, I made all my reservations! Even for the partial days. So I have DHS on the 12th and AK on the 15th (since we'll already be at Boma). MK on the 15th would be for extra evening hours.

When we had our 2020 trip cancelled and still had to skip 2021, we had hoped the park reservation system was temporary but it looks like it is here to stay. Even though we have hoppers, I'm not setting any concrete plans around it since availability could be scarce

When we had our 2020 trip cancelled and still had to skip 2021, we had hoped the park reservation system was temporary but it looks like it is here to stay. Even though we have hoppers, I'm not setting any concrete plans around it since availability could be scarce
Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment - once you have park reservations along with park hopper tickets, you should have no worries about hopping to any of the parks on any of the days of your trip. That has not been an issue. Park hopping availability has not been scarce. Have a great trip!

Thanks for the heads up!! As I'm searching I keep seeing that the park reservations can easily disappear. Once my ticket for changed to a 7 day, I made all my reservations! Even for the partial days. So I have DHS on the 12th and AK on the 15th (since we'll already be at Boma). MK on the 15th would be for extra evening hours.

Oh good. So glad to hear that. You are very prepared--and you'll have a great trip. It's very helpful to have hoppers in the new G+/ILL$/Park Reservation environment. Gives you a lot of flexibility.

for Savis are you building 1 or 2 lightsabers? Just wanna make sure your aware even if you purchase one the both of you can go inside and do the experience.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment - once you have park reservations along with park hopper tickets, you should have no worries about hopping to any of the parks on any of the days of your trip. That has not been an issue. Park hopping availability has not been scarce. Have a great trip!
Oops nope, that was my my mistake. I thought hopping was limited just like the park reservations. So it's more like you need that initial park reservation first?

for Savis are you building 1 or 2 lightsabers? Just wanna make sure your aware even if you purchase one the both of you can go inside and do the experience.
We are each building our own!! Other folks on our group are doing them another day and had originally made reservations for everyone going in but not everyone was building. They ended up adjusting it to just the builders.

Oops nope, that was my my mistake. I thought hopping was limited just like the park reservations. So it's more like you need that initial park reservation first?
Yes, you need an original park reservation, and then you can hop to any park after 2PM. You can also return to your original park any time throughout the day. But keep in mind an important point (in case you don't already know this) - you must actually enter the park you made the original park reservation before you can hop to the other parks. If you have a park reservation for MK, for example, you must enter MK before you can hop to the other parks. If you do not enter MK (again, an example), you cannot enter any of the other parks, even if you have hopper tickets. Hope that's clear and perhaps helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter