• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Reservation Reassignment

DemonLlama

DIS Veteran
I fly in for the weekend tomorrow, first days off from work since December and have been counting the days and planning for months. My daughter and son in law for whom I'd purchased tickets and made park reservations just found out yesterday they need to quarantine and will not be able to visit (they live in the Tampa area).

I went into MDE and changed the dates for their one day tickets (to a fall weekend trip I've already set up)

My friend with an annual pass has offered to join me so I'm not left alone all day Saturday to do Flower and Garden Festival with no one.

But of course, there is no park availability in any of the buckets for this Saturday for any park. I've been attempting since yesterday to try and get her something, anything, but no luck.

I have three reservations for the park, only one of which is going to be used.

When I get in tomorrow I am headed for Disney Springs and thought I would ask at Guest Relations if there is any way to reassign one of these reservations to a different person connected to me in MDE who has a valid park pass (and does not currently hold three reservations on her AP).

I did a search and didn't come up with any answers about whether this is even a possibility in the system.

Anyone have any insight?

TIA

I think part of the issue is that passholders have a different pool of reservations than day ticket guests do, so it could be available but just not for your passholder friend.

I think your best bet is to keep checking. Your three park passes that you will let go may not make a difference to an AP park pass reservation anyway but that's really all you can do is hope a park pass frees up. Good luck!

Be sure to try and book them even if the color coded calendar says they're not available.

I could be wrong, but I would think once you changed the date of the ticket, those park reservations for Saturday were no longer valid. Isn’t having a valid park ticket a requirement of a park reservation? Does your MDE account still show 3 park reservations?

Regardless of the rules, if you explain this to a Disney Guest Relations person, and they don't allow your friend to join you, please report back. I expect they will accommodate you, or it's not Disney-like.

I think in this situation they might help you, since you do have the extra park passes reserved that won't be used. Good luck!

Regardless of the rules, if you explain this to a Disney Guest Relations person, and they don't allow your friend to join you, please report back. I expect they will accommodate you, or it's not Disney-like.
Yes it is nice if Disney does accommodate but there are situations where they can’t. It’s not they it’s not Disney-like it’s they just can’t do things all the time.

Read on a Facebook group last week a person did get ROTR boarding group. Someone said go to guest services and they can help! Seriously? Disney did not accommodate those people and that is not anything about Disney not being Disney like it’s the fact they can’t always make magic happen. Imagine if everyone did this!

Yes it is nice if Disney does accommodate but there are situations where they can’t. It’s not they it’s not Disney-like it’s they just can’t do things all the time.

Read on a Facebook group last week a person did get ROTR boarding group. Someone said go to guest services and they can help! Seriously? Disney did not accommodate those people and that is not anything about Disney not being Disney like it’s the fact they can’t always make magic happen. Imagine if everyone did this!
I agree - they can't and shouldn't be expected to make "magical" accommodations for everyone. The OP may have a case since they are simply trying to reassign a park reservation from one person to another. But I hear so many people saying they "just want to add one person" to a sold out park or add one person to a BG. If they allow everyone to do that it would be chaos.

Hi All: OP here reporting back!

We went to Guest Services at Disney Springs on Friday night and our CM was happy to help reassign one of the reservations to my friend for the following day, so I wasn't going alone.

I had three park reservations for Studios still in my MDE for that day, despite changing my daughter and son-in-law's ticket dates, so it was not a case of adding to capacity.

It was not a problem to move that reservation to her name, despite the difference in ticket type from Theme Park to Annual Passholder.

I am not sure if she hadn't been linked to me in my MDE whether that would have made a difference? I didn't think to ask, I was just so happy he was able to do it.

Hi All: OP here reporting back!

We went to Guest Services at Disney Springs on Friday night and our CM was happy to help reassign one of the reservations to my friend for the following day, so I wasn't going alone.

I had three park reservations for Studios still in my MDE for that day, despite changing my daughter and son-in-law's ticket dates, so it was not a case of adding to capacity.

It was not a problem to move that reservation to her name, despite the difference in ticket type from Theme Park to Annual Passholder.

I am not sure if she hadn't been linked to me in my MDE whether that would have made a difference? I didn't think to ask, I was just so happy he was able to do it.
Glad it worked out for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter