Park Reservations August 2021? Is this a thing?

Jess_S

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone.

We are headed down to Universal at the end of the month. We are staying on property and have 3 park hopper passes. Today, my dad texted to say that friends of his would be at Volcano Bay on a certain date and that we had to decide quickly if we wanted to go so that we could "get reservations." I have no idea what he is talking about. Is this a thing? I thought Universal was operating a full capacity while encouraging compliance with CDC guidelines, but did not require any sort of park reservation. Am I misinformed? Is VB somehow different?

If not, does anyone know what my dad might be talking about?

I am eagerly awaiting your responses as I take deep breathes to calm myself down.

No park reservations required at any of the 3 UO parks :) - maybe they're wanting to reserve seating or a cabana at Volcano Bay?

Thank you for helping me calm down. I was afraid I had somehow missed some sort of pandemic related change and that we were going to be sitting at the hotel wishing we had known about it. I will check and see if maybe the VB reservations are for seating. If that's the case, then I suppose we will want to sit with the rest of the group and should see if we can reserve seats.

Thank you for helping me calm down. I was afraid I had somehow missed some sort of pandemic related change and that we were going to be sitting at the hotel wishing we had known about it. I will check and see if maybe the VB reservations are for seating. If that's the case, then I suppose we will want to sit with the rest of the group and should see if we can reserve seats.
you don't need to reserve seats. you can PAY for reserved seating, which is two chairs with an umbrella on the beach area. There is a ton of seating all over the park, so unless you are wanting to spend extra money, or to really spend on a cabana, you don't need to do anything.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago I wanted to get tickets for 5 for July 20th, but they had no more availability for that day, so we went Wednesday the 21st instead. I don't think there are reservations per se, just a limited number of slots at Volcano Bay.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago I wanted to get tickets for 5 for July 20th, but they had no more availability for that day, so we went Wednesday the 21st instead. I don't think there are reservations per se, just a limited number of slots at Volcano Bay.

Thank you. I think this solves the mystery. I called my dad to tell him no reservations were required and it sounds like what he was talking about was buying tickets for a certain day. Our family friends are staying in a condo and only doing VB at Universal. (I assume they are doing Disney for the rest of the trip).

Since we already have multi-day tickets covering the length of our trip and it is during the less busy part of the month, should I be concerned about the park filling? Am I correct to assume that whatever number of tickets they sell for VB takes into account those with 3 park passes for certain dates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter