• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Park Sack - Disney merchandise to your door???

What gets me on that one is it doesn't tell you what the value of the 2-4 items will be. I saw another company doing something similar and they came right out and told you the value was only about 55% of what you were paying. So if you spent $30 on a box, you got something worth $16.50 plus you had to pay shipping! They claimed the extra expense was to cover their overhead costs. So for your $22, you may get something worth, let's say $12--that you didn't even get to pick out.

Well they need to make a profit. We have enough junk in my house so these services are not for us.

I forgot to take a photo! :( Although I was thrilled with what I received! I got an awesome mug, Minnie Cookies, Chip & Dale Pretzels, maps, buttons & stickers!

Edit: There's a photo on their website which shows exactly what I received.

IMG_2721.png

I forgot to take a photo! :( Although I was thrilled with what I received! I got an awesome mug, Minnie Cookies, Chip & Dale Pretzels, maps, buttons & stickers!

Edit: There's a photo on their website which shows exactly what I received.

IMG_2721.png

The mug seems cute. The food is pretty cheap and the maps, buttons and stickers can be obtained in the parks for free. I am glad you are happy. I personally would have been a bit disappointed in the items, especially since a lot was just free fillers.

The mug seems cute. The food is pretty cheap and the maps, buttons and stickers can be obtained in the parks for free. I am glad you are happy. I personally would have been a bit disappointed in the items, especially since a lot was just free fillers.

I did the math from looking on the Disney Parks Website and it appears to be around 22 dollars worth of stuff. I don't think that's too bad for something that is $29.99 a month.

I'll definitely keep my subscription, although it really will depend on the items I receive whether I'll continue this or not.

I did the math from looking on the Disney Parks Website and it appears to be around 22 dollars worth of stuff. I don't think that's too bad for something that is $29.99 a month.

I'll definitely keep my subscription, although it really will depend on the items I receive whether I'll continue this or not.
When you get random stuff, it should have a higher value than what it retails for. You could order the items you got on your own and spend less than what you paid. This is why I don't do subscription boxes of any kind. They end up costing more than I would pay to get the things I would actually use and they include junk that I wouldn't in order to make it look fuller.

I looked the items up on the Disney Parks Shopping app. $2.49 for the cookies. $3.49 for the pretzels. And a mug (I couldn't find it on the app). I'll take your word that the mug you got is worth $16. I'm with @Jen and Ashwin . If I had paid $30 for that box, I would have been very disappointed.

Hey guys! I just am trying to spread my experience with this company so you can all be informed if you decide to purchase a subscription from them. It's a lengthy story!

I signed up for the snack sack in early September - First - they charge international fee's for some reason, or at least I got charged one. They told me it's because their money person is in Canada - I don't know.

At the end of September, I read on facebook that everyone should have received tracking by now - but I never did - so I emailed asking about it and they ended up telling me they don't track snack sacks but that it was on the way.

Then October first, I was charged for my renewal for October, but I was overcharged by 19.99 so I e-mailed them questioning this... They told me that there were some overnight shipping charge issues with their website and that their people were working on it. Phyllis was apologetic and said she would be getting me a bonus box on her.

I was very impressed with their level of customer service at first, and I thought they went above and beyond in this instance to try to make things right. I never expected anything extra and I'd never have asked for anything extra!

I ended up receiving tracking info for that bonus box. I never did receive my first snack pack but I figured that was okay. They kept telling me it was on the way, but then they said it was lost and that it had happened to some of their other customers too. So after a couple weeks I visited their website to show my friend - thinking I would also upgrade to the regular box - but the snack sack was nowhere in site. They removed the listing from their website. After the missing first pack and the listing no longer on the website I was questioning everything because their stories on things kept changing. I ended up telling them they could either refund me for October, or send me the last pack I paid for, but that I wanted to cancel because I wasn't feeling comfortable with the service.

First Tom emailed me saying I would receive my last and final snack pack.

Then I got an email from Kaitlyn that implied I was ungrateful for the "replacement" box they sent me - but it was never meant to be a replacement box because it was sent to me before they decided my first pack had been lost in the mail, AND it was called a special additional "bonus" box. So again her story changed. Here was the email from Phyllis I received initially about the special box:

"Your first snack sack was shipped and you should receive it by Wednesday of next week. [Remember this story eventually changed to "it was lost in the mail"] Our website had an error overnight with the shipping fees and our team is on it right now trying to fix it.
We are currently at the parks to get the 45th anniversary merchandise. I'll tell you what - not only will we refund you the additional shipping but I will personally get a bonus box out to you on Monday with some special merchandise in it, completely on me. We apologize for the errors as we are a new company and working hard to get the issues resolved.
If you'd like to send us your phone number, we will have the owner give you a call today.
Thank you,
Phyllis from Park Sack"

I'm not sure what about that implies that it was a replacement? They said my first pack was already on the way...

It's now November 11 and I haven't received my second snack pack that I paid for in October (the same day I was over charged by 19.99). I did however, receive tracking info just the other day and then immediately receive a cancellation from them for that info. So I emailed again questioning and letting them know that I haven't received the October snack sack yet. She said "Our system made an error printing labels for boxes already shipped. We had to void the labels so that we could ship to our current customers. "

Again - messy! Confusing information, always a different story from everybody. Stay away from this company guys! I don't know if it's because they're too new and just don't have it together yet, but I have read reviews of it happening to other people as well (one girl reviewed on cratejoy that she too had paid for 2 packages and not received any) so please beware!

I'm not ungrateful for the box they did send me at all - and I told them that if I'd been under the impression that it was ever a replacement or an upgrade, I wouldn't have an issue with it at all - but that was never said. Phyllis is the one who told me they'd be sending me another additional box on them and this was well before anyone told me it got LOST. Nothing about that implies that I wouldn't be receiving my snack packs for either September OR October. Gosh what a mess!

Mickey Monthly, on the other hand - was very professional and had it together. I'd stick with them!

Do NOT I repeat do NOT order from these guys. I've ordered the 45th Anniversary Box on October 12 and didn't receive anything but sketchy emails and/or pm messages on Facebook telling me they will call me to discuss the missing order or that the tracking number will be sent soon. $190 CAD dollars down the drain that I must now try to get back through my credit card company. Please please please spread the work. They must not be allowed to do business and fraud their customers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter