Park Shopping Pass?

Blake

Earning My Ears
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the parks have a one hour shopping pass. Can anyone verify this? I think you pay full admission to enter and if you return to the gate within one hour with a receipt, they refund your admission. Anyone know if this is how it works? :confused:

I did this last Sept. at MK. Was at WDW for the weekend with my son and spent our day ay DS. I needed to get embroidered mouse ears for my daughter before going home (can only get at MK). We went up to the customer service window (had to wait in the line with those purchasing tickets) and explained that we wanted a shopping pass. We had to buy our tickets and the CM gave us 1.5 hours in the park. We made our purchase, walked around a bit (son wanted to see the Partners statue) and then returned to the window where I received a credit to my credit card in the amount of the ticket price. The CM did ask if we found what we wanted to buy, but didn't ask to see it. It is important to keep your receipt, can't remember if that's how they tracked when we bought the tickets or what, but I did have to give it the CM in order to receive the credit.

Hi Blake,
A few years back I saw a litho I really liked in MGM but waited until I shopped at Downtown Disney so I could use my Magic Kingdom Club card (it was a $225 litho). When I got to DD the price was different for some reason. The art shop tried to call MGM to verify the price and told me to just go over and buy it there. I had to buy a one day ticket at guest services and then return within one hour for a full refund. I didn't get charged a parking fee either, the guys at the gate gave me a card to put in my windshield when I told him what I was doing. It's definately worth doing if you've seen something and didn't want to carry it around-or can't find it again. You just can't take a chance hopping on a ride line for a quickie! Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter