Park tickets and FP question for same party arriving different days?

marielynn724

DIS Veteran
I'm joining my sister and her family for a couple of days in the middle of their 8 day trip. I've purchased my tickets already and they are all linked on the same reservation. Since my arrival day is not the same as theirs, can she still make FP's for me on the days I'll be with them on her 60 day mark? I'm not sure because my 180 day mark would be a few days after hers. I'm staying in the same suite with them but will be checking in a few days later. I'd hope the whole group could make the same FP selections together. I've never had this situation before.

Only if the FPs trying to be made include both you and someone from the earlier-arrival party (sounds like that is the case per OP). I missed this nuance when I booked for split arrivals earlier this week. We were trying to get some evening FPs for the party that arrived on the second day in the afternoon, and system would not let us book for only them. If we coupled into the FP party someone who was arriving earlier and had open booking window, then all was well.

If we coupled into the FP party someone who was arriving earlier and had open booking window, then all was well.
You can always include an onsite (early arriving) person even if they have maxed out their entitlements. When the Warning appears, remove the onsite person and the window remains open for the remaining people who actually need the FP.

You can always include an onsite (early arriving) person even if they have maxed out their entitlements. When the Warning appears, remove the onsite person and the window remains open for the remaining people who actually need the FP.
So I actually tried exactly that, and it let me get all the way through the selection process, but then it never “stuck” once back to the My Plans page. Must have tried that technique 3-4 times with different attractions and it never took even though it felt like I finished them. I was only trying this on the app, so maybe I would have had more success on web page.

Maybe MDE was glitchy in the adverse direction for me, or that is a workaround that they have since closed.

Maybe MDE was glitchy in the adverse direction for me, or that is a workaround that they have since closed.
I just tried it with a comp/Hiro that was already holding a FP for tomorrow and it opened the window 30 days out for a linked CM pass. Removed Hiro and confirmed the FP for the CM.

Now I need to Cancel those 9am Barnstormer FPs. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter