Park update + candy cane dates! 11-28-21 :-)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Crowds were surprisingly low yesterday. I suspect that was due to people visiting the park for Thanksgiving - perhaps Wednesday through Saturday. I ran into a few people I know who were there on either Friday or Saturday and they both told me the park was full on both days. Even by 11:00 on Sunday, crowds were still reasonable.

A plaid I spoke with gave me these dates for the handmade candy canes and I verified them at City Hall. Unfortunately, they won’t do them on any of the days that I’ll be there so I’ll miss them this year :-(.
DL: December 7,9,15,21,23
DCA: December 8,14,16,22

Broke 2M three times on Buzz! Unfortunately, one of those times I also went over 2,906,900 (by 250,000 points) and my score reset :-(.

I also ran into a CM I haven’t seen since opening week. She told me that she’s been out on medical and will likely have to be out again for a knee surgery :-(.

Some pics from the park.
EA1B64F8-C09A-420B-BE38-374536EFC836.jpeg

9D9A3473-6ED6-41A5-959C-53A8806CC3AD.jpeg

15D21F87-4CCF-401A-BFFC-191CE9F10361.jpeg

64490DB8-8B4F-4689-9D26-56E5EEFB2D69.jpeg

BCAFCBCC-7DE1-40E6-AB09-D6D336759CA1.jpeg

2BD986F4-D187-4893-B48B-013CDCE263C3.jpeg

611D7D42-B5A6-4497-B93C-248D186DCF65.jpeg

A7AA9C5D-166C-4F20-96BC-00AB440DC77F.jpeg

Space Mountain!
F901F29F-15F2-45DA-98BE-27683777EA87.jpeg

Main Street just before the parade.
F01F6F30-257E-47C6-B11C-24A361F38C5E.jpeg

Last edited:

We feel your pain GrizzlyGirl. We are opposite too and no option righ now to change. The only way this will work is if the new mobile reservation system will allow us to reserve and pick up when we can hop at 1pm. If not we will stalk the reservations to see if we can switch out last day to DCA (22nd).

There's a new system for getting a candy cane. It sounds like a VQ where if you're lucky, you'll get a boarding group except that you have to be AT the location before you can try for it. That means getting in line at the gate first thing, I suspect, to be one of the first into the park. This is the information from Disneyland's site:

A tradition since 1968, our infamous candy canes at Disneyland Resort are hand-crafted during the holiday season – from mixing the ingredients to hand-pulling, rolling, and twisting the candy. The result is colorful swirls of oversized sweetness – 18-inches long!
A very limited number of these impressive candy canes will be produced by our candy makers this season. They will be sold only at:

• Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen at Disneyland park: Dec. 7, 9,15, 21, 23
  • Trolley Treats at Disney California Adventure park: Dec. 8, 14, 16, 22

For a chance to purchase one of the candy canes this year, a mobile waitlist system will be used, as quantities are very limited. Once the mobile waitlist is activated, you can add your name and phone number at the location to receive a text back with a time to return to the location for the opportunity to purchase your candy cane, subject to availability.** Candy canes are not available through mobile order.

edited to add: I'm not sure what is meant by "you can add your name and phone number at the location to receive a text back with a time to return". Is the location the candy shop? The park? The resort?

edited to add: I'm not sure what is meant by "you can add your name and phone number at the location to receive a text back with a time to return". Is the location the candy shop? The park? The resort?

That sounds like they are going to use the restaurant "walk up list" function in the app so I would guess the location you'll need to be within proximity to is the candy shop.

Thanks for the report, as always!

Hoping this week represents a return to the "shoulder season" of the season -- I think historically, first week of December has always had lower attendance (with kids back in school and being in-between two major holiday periods).

Perhaps wishful thinking, but I can dream. Will be in parks this coming weekend, hoping the only crowds are up front for candlelight processional.

Thanks for the report, as always!

Hoping this week represents a return to the "shoulder season" of the season -- I think historically, first week of December has always had lower attendance (with kids back in school and being in-between two major holiday periods).

Perhaps wishful thinking, but I can dream. Will be in parks this coming weekend, hoping the only crowds are up front for candlelight processional.
That's what I'm hoping too. I wonder how much more people Merriest Nites will bring in..or if it'd even be enough to make a difference. I know people won't be able to get in until 5pm on the 7th and 9th but I'm sure many (myself included) have park tickets for the whole day + the days surrounding it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter