Parking at Boardwalk

Portugal1000

DIS Veteran
A bit confused about the parking now and sure this question already answered somewhere but are we still ok to park at Boardwalk just to have a walk round, get an ice cream, pop in for a drink etc. we always do this as staying close by at Bonnet Creek but not sure if we now have to pay or not allowed to atall.
Thanks

A bit confused about the parking now and sure this question already answered somewhere but are we still ok to park at Boardwalk just to have a walk round, get an ice cream, pop in for a drink etc. we always do this as staying close by at Bonnet Creek but not sure if we now have to pay or not allowed to atall.
Thanks
Probably no parking during F&W Festival if you aren't a resort guest or don't have an ADR.

I was just there and this is what the guard told me- "They say that are going to ESPN or Big River Grill (who don't accept ADR's), what am I going to do, call them a liar. I need to let them in".
Unless the lot is already full, chances are you will be allowed to park at the BW. That's why sometimes trying to find a spot if you are a registered guest is a nightmare.

Many times, parking is limited to actual guests on weekends during Food and Wine. Other days it shouldn't be an issue.
And in these cases, they have a sign up letting the guests know ahead of time.
I returned to the resort on Wednesday afternoon and the sign was out, no parking without a reservation.
When we came over on Sunday morning, no sign.

If you have valid business at BW (staying there, eating there, shopping there, etc) you can park there.

If you have valid business at BW (staying there, eating there, shopping there, etc) you can park there.
When they have the sign out to restrict parking for those with a reservation how do you verify to the guard that you have valid business to shop there?

They've even been known to direct those who want to dine at the Boardwalk area in one of the restaurants that don't take ADR to park elsewhere and take a bus or boat over

When they have the sign out to restrict parking for those with a reservation how do you verify to the guard that you have valid business to shop there?

They've even been known to direct those who want to dine at the Boardwalk area in one of the restaurants that don't take ADR to park elsewhere and take a bus or boat over
They should be able to pull up any ADRs or reservations by scanning your magic band. Shopping, they might not allow you to park there unless they have lots of room to park.

Not according to the guard I spoke to at the entrance and from what you can observe with your own eyes. Additionally, with the Beach Club being closer to Epcot than the BW, why does The BW have all the parking problems and the Beach Club doesn't? The reason is that if you don't have a confirmed ADR, or are a registered guest of the Beach Club, they won't let you park there. Compare that to the BW, where sometimes the parking can be a horror show. Just read the previous numerous posts complaining about the BW parking to see how widespread the problem is.

The sign restricting parking at the BW is basically meaningless- go on the Boardwalk after 9pm when Epcot closes, and you can get run over by all the people going leaving the park and then going to their cars in the BW lot. Check the parking lot close to 10pm and you will see that it is usually half full.

The only way to effectively control the parking at the BW is to install a gate (by the convention center) that you can access only with your magic band. This will guarantee that if you are a resort guest you will get a spot to park, never mind that driving around for half an hour looking for a spot is ridiculous, especially when WDW is now charging guest $25 to park their car overnight. Park in the lot to the left of the guard shack or valet if you are not a registered guest, don't use the lot by the convention center.

Agreed that they may be more strict during Food & Wine, but generally speaking the people who are in charge of parking at the BW need to give their head a shake.

They should be able to pull up any ADRs or reservations by scanning your magic band. Shopping, they might not allow you to park there unless they have lots of room to park.
I'm fully aware of that. And I wasn't talking about that. I was only talking about times and places without an ADR
ESPN Club anytime that isn't lunch during the week for instance

Not according to the guard I spoke to at the entrance and from what you can observe with your own eyes. Additionally, with the Beach Club being closer to Epcot than the BW, why does The BW have all the parking problems and the Beach Club doesn't? The reason is that if you don't have a confirmed ADR, or are a registered guest of the Beach Club, they won't let you park there. Compare that to the BW, where sometimes the parking can be a horror show. Just read the previous numerous posts complaining about the BW parking to see how widespread the problem is.

The sign restricting parking at the BW is basically meaningless- go on the Boardwalk after 9pm when Epcot closes, and you can get run over by all the people going leaving the park and then going to their cars in the BW lot. Check the parking lot close to 10pm and you will see that it is usually half full.

The only way to effectively control the parking at the BW is to install a gate (by the convention center) that you can access only with your magic band. This will guarantee that if you are a resort guest you will get a spot to park, never mind that driving around for half an hour looking for a spot is ridiculous, especially when WDW is now charging guest $25 to park their car overnight. Park in the lot to the left of the guard shack or valet if you are not a registered guest, don't use the lot by the convention center.

Agreed that they may be more strict during Food & Wine, but generally speaking the people who are in charge of parking at the BW need to give their head a shake.
Smaller parking lot
And I have observed with my own eyes. Last Wednesday. Huge sign. Only guests with verifiable reservations allowed to park. They scanned when I came back

...The only way to effectively control the parking at the BW is to install a gate (by the convention center) that you can access only with your magic band. This will guarantee that if you are a resort guest you will get a spot to park, never mind that driving around for half an hour looking for a spot is ridiculous, especially when WDW is now charging guest $25 to park their car overnight. Park in the lot to the left of the guard shack or valet if you are not a registered guest, don't use the lot by the convention center.....

For DVC members or guests at the BWV, the left of the guard shack is much closer to the villas. The two times we have stayed at BWV, we parked on that side. Two rows at the back of the larger lot could be set up for non-resort guests. Just need to barricade the rest of the parking lot for entry with a magic band.

And I have observed with my own eyes. Last Wednesday. Huge sign. Only guests with verifiable reservations allowed to park. They scanned when I came back
The sign restricting parking is there 365 days a year.
I agree that they might have been more strict last Wednesday because of F&W, but generally speaking if you are registered guest of the BW the parking stinks.
Those people who fly and use Magical Express have no idea how bad the parking can be sometimes; from personal experience it is no fun coming back at night and driving round and round trying to find a spot.

I agree that they might have been more strict last Wednesday because of F&W, but generally speaking if you are registered guest of the BW the parking stinks.
Those people who fly and use Magical Express have no idea how bad the parking can be sometimes; from personal experience it is no fun coming back at night and driving round and round trying to find a spot.
Plus, when there is a big convention like the Gartner Co, they block of a large section of the lot closest to the Inn side to convention goers.

Not the sign I'm speaking of. The one I'm speaking of is a sandwich board that they can bring out and put away.
It was NOT out when we drove in on Sunday morning.
It was out when we drove in on Wednesday afternoon.
And yeah, we have driven our car to BWI before. At NYE for that matter. I'm aware of parking.

I drive to boardwalk every trip to walk the boards and get a mickey cake pop. Regardless of day, time or event and have never had an issue. Now, I'm not saying the parking is good, it's about 7 miles away ;) But, I still park at the boardwalk

We recently were in the area this summer and stayed off site. We went to the BW 3 times. Once with an ADR and twice without. We were turned away one of the two times without an ADR. The guard said there was no parking available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter