• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at Grand Floridian for Citricos and Narcoossee

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
I've been able to snag reservations not only for Narcoossee's, but also Citricos for our family trip. However, I just watched a YT review and the people said they had to park in the cast member's parking lot which is pretty far from the resort. Is that true? My ressies are in a couple of weeks. Not to happy to learn this.

It is correct. It was announced back in June, posted HERE.

Guests With Dining Reservations at Grand Floridian Directed to Park Away From Resort in Backstage Cast Member Parking Lot

Guests with dining reservations at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa are being directed to park not in the resort parking lot, but across the street in a Cast Member parking lot. Access to the lot is being controlled by a resort Cast Member who is checking for dining reservations before allowing guests to park – similar to what you’d expect from the gate at any Disney World resort.

Guests park in a Cast Member parking lot and then cross Floridian Way before making the walk to the resort proper. Cast Members we spoke with did not know how long this procedure would be in place.

That was our experience a couple of weeks ago. But, as soon as we crossed over Floridian Way, there was a Cast Member in a cart who drove us literally to the door of Narcoossee’s. I have no idea how often that’s the case, but the CM gave us the impression it’s common. 🤷‍♀️

Would concur as of a week ago, they do provide a golf cart to shuttle back and forth - but definitely a bit of a hike. They will let you drop-off in front of the hotel - but off to the far lot with you and your car!

Does anyone know how early you can arrive before a reservation? we have dinner booked there but would like to explore the resort with the gingerbread houses and maybe a drink or two before dinner.

Does anyone know how early you can arrive before a reservation? we have dinner booked there but would like to explore the resort with the gingerbread houses and maybe a drink or two before dinner.
I have done up to 2 hours - most often they are checking to see that you have a ressie and are there within a reasonable time beforehand - I am thinking you can’t show at 9A for a 7P dinner though :)

I've been able to snag reservations not only for Narcoossee's, but also Citricos for our family trip. However, I just watched a YT review and the people said they had to park in the cast member's parking lot which is pretty far from the resort. Is that true? My ressies are in a couple of weeks. Not to happy to learn this.
The funny part about this "breaking news" is that is where we have been sent to park for YEARS, like 10 years. The only time they allowed us to park at hotel was with Handicapped Tag. The lot is just across the street from the resort parking lot, not a big deal to walk but add 10 minutes to arrival time.

The funny part about this "breaking news" is that is where we have been sent to park for YEARS, like 10 years. The only time they allowed us to park at hotel was with Handicapped Tag. The lot is just across the street from the resort parking lot, not a big deal to walk but add 10 minutes to arrival time.

Yep, we have been directed there frequently over the years.

what about if you have a dining reservation and want to valet?
No problem at all. We do it every time for our Citricos and Narcoossee dinners. We got used to using the valet when it was included with the Tables in Wonderland discounts. Alas, TIW discounts are no more (although we ystill get AP or DVC discounts) and we do miss the included valet parking. Now, we simply factor in the cost as part of the cost of signature dining. We do use self-parking when dining at Topolinos or Jiko and Boma, but the parking lot at the GF is just too far to walk for our nearly 80 year old legs.

Can you just catch a rideshare? Door to door service, they’ll let you in for drop off at GF if you’ve got an ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter