Parking at my Home Resort

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
I know part of our dues goes for the upkeep of the various DVC resort parking lots and the reason we ad members do not pay a parking fee at the resort.

Do i have the right to use the parking lot of my home resort even if I do not have a room reservation thete?

TIA

You need a reservation somewhere that includes parking. In that case, you can park at any resort or park, during your trip/reservation dates. You don't get free parking if you're not a guest, even if you're a DVC member.

You can’t necessarily park at any resort without a reservation even if it’s your home resort. Some resorts such as Boardwalk have a small amount of parking and only guests staying there can park there. BayLake is another one that requires a reservation to get into the parking area.

Owners only have use of their home resorts if staying there and it is wittten in our contracts that way.

If you are staying at any other DVC resort, you do not have use of the parking lots, simply because you are DVC.

Parking rules at all the DVC resorts are applied the same way to any guest. We do not have special rights.

You need a reservation somewhere that includes parking. In that case, you can park at any resort or park, during your trip/reservation dates.
That’s not correct. You are only guaranteed parking at the resort you are staying at, or any resort you have a dining reservation at. You can’t just park at any resort during your reservation dates.

No one pays for parking at any WDW resort, not just DVC members. Disney adopted, in 2018, a parking fee for persons staying at a resort but not those just visiting the resort during the day, which fee did not apply to DVC members staying at a DVC resort or any other resort using points; it dropped that parking fee in January 2023.

The usual rule, applicable to anyone wanting to park at any WDW resort, is that you cannot park at a resort unless: (a) you are staying there, (b) you have one of the valid reasons accepted for being at the resort, e.g. a reservation at a restaurant, visiting someone who is staying at the resort, going to a golf course at a course in the resort, or (c) you have valet parking for the day at the resort at which you are staying, which allows you to valet park (without additional cost other than tip, and without any special reason for being at the resort) at any other resort that has valet parking.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter