• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at non-DVC resort?

DutchsMommy

DIS Veteran
Hello, I was wondering if the 3 hour limit for parking applies to DVC members? I was thinking of visiting the Poly and then heading via monorail to MK, leaving the car at Poly but am not sure about the parking policy. I do realize I could park at TTC, and will if it is indeed 3 hrs @ the Poly but wanted to check in here first. TIA!! :thumbsup2

The three hour limit (if enforced) applies to anyone that is not a guest of that resort. Being a DVC member does not entitle you to parking.

Thank you. That is what I had thought but wanted to check in just in case it was an unexpected 'perk'. :)

Hello, I was wondering if the 3 hour limit for parking applies to DVC members? I was thinking of visiting the Poly and then heading via monorail to MK, leaving the car at Poly but am not sure about the parking policy. I do realize I could park at TTC, and will if it is indeed 3 hrs @ the Poly but wanted to check in here first. TIA!! :thumbsup2

Most of the deluxe resorts have signs at their parking lot that say they cannot provide parking for the theme parks. If you are dining at the Polynesian, they will allow you to park. But if all you want to do is go to the MK, it's more polite not to take the parking places from the guests who paid to stay there and park their vehicles in their resort parking lot. Park in the TTC parking lot. Or just take Disney transportation to the theme parks.

I've always found it easier to take the Disney bus to the MK instead of driving.

Thank you. That is what I had thought but wanted to check in just in case it was an unexpected 'perk'. :)

When they opened up Top of the World to all DVC members saying on site, they specifically said parking at BLT was not available, take Disney transportation. I don't know if they are enforcing that but that is the official position.

Years ago we tried parking at the Contemporary for MK. We had the parking pass right on the dash there. And they said 3 hour parking only. There was a separate part of the lot for 3 hour parkers, so I think it was enforced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter