• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking fee @ HRH??

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
I was just reading on the Universal web site about the HRH and it mentioned Valet Parking daily fees apply (I understand that) then it said Self Parking daily fees apply, I know this sounds dumb, but do you have to pay for parking at the resort while you are staying there with an Annual Pass Rate (since parking is free with pass at the parks)???? I just booked it for July 22-26th with AP rate of $139 for Garden View. They are offering HRH & RP for the same $139 Garden View. I was trying to get the RP club level for $139, but it wasn't showing any available at any price??

I believe self-parking at HRH is $5 per day and $10 per day for valet parking. I don't think free self-parking applies at the onsite hotels. The parking lots for the hotels are for hotel guests and visitors.

We were told last September that there was a $5.00/day fee to park (even for resort guests), but the fee never showed up on our bill.

By the way, I booked the RP club level at $139.00 for August 31. Did you check into pool view at RP? It was the same $139 as the garden view.

the hotel is "SUPPOSE" to charge $5.00 per day and $10.00 per day for valet. there would be no discounts for AP holders...

I guess I read it correctly then. I am spoiled by Disney's on site resorts....they don't charge for parking while staying there....thanks for the answers.... oh I was quoted $159 for the pool view at RP........I think I will have to do some calling on and off to try for the Club Level......

I don't mean to sound ignorant...but what sort of hotel charges their guests a fee to park there (at the resort) while they are staying there?? I just don't "get" that! What am I missing?

I understand charging day guests or something...to discourage them from parking and going TO the parks, but geesh!

Bad form!
Karen

MsDisney,
I agree with you. I couldn't believe they charged guests to park. But then again I've been in hotels in New York and Baltimore that also charge their guests for parking. I suppose they have to pay for upkeep of the parking lots somehow!

The website said parking is $5 a day at PBH and HRH, but I've never seen a parking fee on my room bill. If you use valet parking, you will be charged $10 a day. Personally, I think $5-$10 is a small drop in the bucket when the rooms are $100+.

I think the $5 parking fee is tacky after guests have paid for a room. BUT, what gets me more is the $25 fee for a roll away . I'm not looking to increase room occupancy but to have my children sleep seperately...one kicks & rolls too much! After a few nights with the rollaway charge I should be able to take it home:D :

I think $5-$10 is a small drop in the bucket when the rooms are $100+.

True that...but then doesn't that seem all the more petty for the resort to do that? It's not the $$$, it's the principal of the thing. Work it into the room rate then, and tell the guests "parking is free for resort guests" - make 'em feel special!

Now, it doesn't matter much to me if you find out at the end of the trip that the fee wasn't on your bill, cuz it could be, so you have to plan for it. I'll tell ya, if I (as an AP holder) booked a room at these resorts, it would tick me off royally to have to pay to park...I don't pay to park in the garage....so I sure wouldn't want to pay an additional $35/week to park THERE as a resort guest!

And to the rollaway bed, yea, if it's not to have an additional person in the room, it is kind of cheap...Not everyone wants to or CAN sleep together (I'm thinking teenage boy/girl siblings!) :eek:

We had a funny thing happen at the Yacht Club once, they offered complimentary coffee in the lobby in the mornings....it was 75 cents!!! ;) Also bad form! :rolleyes:

Karen

I hate being charged for hotel parking while I'm staying no matter where I'm staying! I've heard all the arguments for & against, I still don't like it! But in any case even though they have said they charge for parking at HRH & PBH I have never had either show up on my bill.

Dreamer,

I refuse to pay $25/night for a roll away - we are bringing an air mattress with us to solve this problem.

we bring an air mattress of sleeping bag for that reason.....teenage son & daughter....deal....I am not so happy about having to pay the parking fee at the HRH. I am a pass holder and it is crazy to charge for the hotel lot...but free for the park's lot! I guess I am not the only one who feels this way...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter