Parking Fees? Yes, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikedants

Earning My Ears
I for one welcome the parking fees. For disclosure, I am a DVC member, not wealthy, but I can afford to visit Disney.

1. Anything that can reduce crowds is welcome in my book.

2. We were all excited about the many announcements at D23 last summer, and about Galaxies Edge and Toy Story Land, but you have to understand that all those things cost a lot of money. You had to expect that we were going to have to pay for them somehow. This is one way. There are others to follow prepare for more.

3. Anything that can reduce the number of cars is also welcome. Magical Express is wonderful and if you're smart, it doesn't cost a fortune to eat there.

4. As a BWV owner, it is frustrating to me to see how crowded the lot gets with day visitors to Epcot. I know there is the day guest free issue still to be clarified, but it seems as if they are starting to tighten up the situation there.

Please explain how charging guests already staying on Disney property will reduce crowds in the parks. Then explain how the obvious solution to costs associated with park improvements isn't park admission. Then you can finish by explaining how charging resort guests at BWI is going to mitigate "day visitors", who will not be charged.

Please close this thread -for stupidity.

I for one welcome the parking fees. For disclosure, I am a DVC member, not wealthy, but I can afford to visit Disney.

2. We were all excited about the many announcements at D23 last summer, and about Galaxies Edge and Toy Story Land, but you have to understand that all those things cost a lot of money. You had to expect that we were going to have to pay for them somehow. This is one way. There are others to follow prepare for more.

3. Anything that can reduce the number of cars is also welcome. Magical Express is wonderful and if you're smart, it doesn't cost a fortune to eat there.

4. As a BWV owner, it is frustrating to me to see how crowded the lot gets with day visitors to Epcot. I know there is the day guest free issue still to be clarified, but it seems as if they are starting to tighten up the situation there.

Be careful what you wish for....

Magical Express is wonderful...if you fly to Disney.

#3 what’s wrong with the # of cars? You want all of those people on an already overtaxed bus system? I would think that those who rely on buses would appreciate those of us with cars because it frees up space on the buses

#4 doesnt really apply as these new fees don’t affect and won’t apply to day visitors.

Please explain how charging guests already staying on Disney property will reduce crowds in the parks.

Logically, if half of the irate "this finally pushed me over the edge" complainers actually follow through and skip wdw and go to the beach or a National Park or something instead, it will improve crowds.

But it may just drive more people off site or -more likely - people will complain for a short time and then go along with the changes, as has been typical.

Logically, if half of the irate "this finally pushed me over the edge" complainers actually follow through and skip wdw and go to the beach or a National Park or something instead, it will improve crowds.

But it may just drive more people off site or -more likely - people will complain for a short time and then go along with the changes, as has been typical.

I fall into the second category. I plan to still visit Disney, but will stay offsite. I can no longer find benefit to staying on site.

Also a DVC member and I do not like the fees. Years ago, for their own reasons, DVC decided that studios would no longer get mugs and real glasses. There was an outpouring of unhappiness from many DVCers, and DVC relented.

Also a DVC member and I do not like the fees. Years ago, for their own reasons, DVC decided that studios would no longer get mugs and real glasses. There was an outpouring of unhappiness from many DVCers, and DVC relented.

This is a bit different, though. DVC just charges the owners more in annual dues.

charging parking fees to paying overnight guest and free for day quest will do exactly the contrary, it would flood the parking space with people visiting and abusing the parking policy. And is terrible wrong to charge more at deluxe resort for the exact same parking accommodations, no shade or “preferred” location.

I am sorry but it is laughable to think that Disney is doing this to lower crowds. In fact it will be a stupid idea. They want to lower crowds? First thing to do is raise prices for parking at the parks not the resorts. By raising prices at the resorts they are only loosing profit from people that will go offsite. Disney most of the time will make more money from people staying on site than day visitors.

Edit: I love how people think this cost are going to translate somehow into more attractions or better anything. Since the nickle and dimming Disney has been doing absolutely nothing has improved.

Anything that can reduce the number of cars is also welcome. Magical Express is wonderful and if you're smart, it doesn't cost a fortune to eat there

Dme is hardly wonderful. it’s a greyhound bus with different paint.

The cost of it is wrapped up in the costs of the resorts. As WAS the parking fee. Think it’ll remain wrapped up for long?

I’m sorry, did Disney put in a Yard House so I can get my Gardein buffalo “wings”? Did they put in a Sweet Tomatoes with a terrific salad bar and really good food? No, I didn’t think so.

And they’ve also decreased the vegetarian options on the menu (going off the menu isn’t something that makes me feel warm and fuzzy about a restaurant...if they want me to dine there they need to put it on the menu), so I have fewer choices.

Why is it welcome to reduce the number of cars?

New people will just come in. This isn’t going to change anything in terms of crowding.

Well, as a DVC member, correct me if I am wrong, you will not be paying parking fees ............. so kinda don't have a vote. :tilt:

AND parking fees will do NOTHING at all to reduce crowds or traffic. Crowds will remain the same or maybe increase if many move offsite and then Disney fills those empty rooms. And it will probably increase traffic.

Folks who are fed up and not wanting to pay more to Disney will simply move offsite to one of the wonderful offerings that cost less or have more value ............. then drive to the parks. Have you been to Disney on high traffic days like holidays or last day for a ride? The roads are awful and gridlocked. Have you been on a Disney bus during one of these days ... late for an ADR or MNSSHP? Very frustrating and upsetting.

All Disney is doing is putting more cars on the roads. :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive:

This has NOTHING to do with a day guest issue, this won't change crowds, this may only increase traffic ... not sure how you came to that conclusion. :confused3 AND just as an FYI, Disney actually needs those day guests to stay in business as they account for way more visitors than the hotels hold.

AND Magical Express has zero to do with this discussion because folks who drive do so for a reason. They won't switch to flying and ME .............. that likely will be next for a fee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter