Parking first thing in the AM

megankj

Mouseketeer
If we're day guests trying to make rope drop, and the lots don't open until 1 hour before park opening (ie, 30 mins before the first admissions), it doesn't seem like there is a ton of room for error. Any pointers as far as which lot/garage is best, whether we should worry about shuttles running at that hour, etc? We're coming from the south if it matters. As two adults we can move fast, but will definitely have at least one small backpack so will need to be checked at security. Thanks!

I was there yesterday and just followed signs to the lot. I was there really early (6:15) because I was coming from Santa Monica and wanted to avoid traffic, and because I didn’t realize the parking lot didn’t open until 7.

It did net me a great spot. I was in monsters inc 47c. Was easy leaving after a long day! Also, I was thru security and on the tram by 7:10, and in the third row for rope drop (after stopping at bathroom and taking lots of pics as I wandered toward the castle

I was there yesterday and just followed signs to the lot. I was there really early (6:15) because I was coming from Santa Monica and wanted to avoid traffic, and because I didn’t realize the parking lot didn’t open until 7.

It did net me a great spot. I was in monsters inc 47c. Was easy leaving after a long day! Also, I was thru security and on the tram by 7:10, and in the third row for rope drop (after stopping at bathroom and taking lots of pics as I wandered toward the castle
Thanks! That's what I'm hoping will be our experience too, trying to beat traffic driving up from San Diego. Did you have to wait to enter the lot until 7? Were the shuttles running once you parked?

We couldn’t enter the lot to park, people started lining up at the gates to pay/confirm payment. As soon as I parked it was down two escalators, thru security and a tram was waiting. It was very smooth!

We are headed to San Diego tomorrow and praying the traffic isn’t bad! We plan to leave very early. Any recommendations for breakfast? We are heading to the zoo but figure we will be better off leaving early and getting there before zoo opens and eating breakfast rather than waiting around

We couldn’t enter the lot to park, people started lining up at the gates to pay/confirm payment. As soon as I parked it was down two escalators, thru security and a tram was waiting. It was very smooth!

We are headed to San Diego tomorrow and praying the traffic isn’t bad! We plan to leave very early. Any recommendations for breakfast? We are heading to the zoo but figure we will be better off leaving early and getting there before zoo opens and eating breakfast rather than waiting around
Thanks!

That's a great idea re: just getting there early and having breakfast. There are lots of cute neighborhoods ringing Balboa Park with breakfast options. There are a few popular spots right in Hillcrest which would be convenient- including Breakfast (W)itch (starts with a B, but I'm guessing it may be censored by the DIS!) and Snooze. Pappaleco is a quick service spot with really good food that I really love. People also really like The Mission on University, which is in North Park.

Have a great time! Make sure you head to the orangutans in the morning, while the baby is out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter